LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 272 users in the forums

You folks picked up some nice talent.

Shop 49ers game tickets
welcome, i've never seen you post on here. good luck to your seahawks, i actually think you guys will offer the biggest challenge in the NFC west. good luck, but our 9ers are destined to make a run this year!
Originally posted by CharlieCobra:
Matt is still a good QB. Banged up, nervous and has lost some of his arm strength, not that he was ever a long ball kinda guy but who wouldn't behind that sorry excuse for a line? Charlie "Clipboard Jesus" Whitehurst? I don't know a thing about him. He was a top 10 talent in his draft for what that's worth. I didn't coin that nickname BTW, just using it. Mike Teel interest me more at this point as a possible replacement for Matt. I really liked what I saw last year. I've not seen Charlie play yet so who knows. I don't know if either of them or the guy of the future.

Don't remember the contract you gave him, or what other picks you gave up besides swapping seconds with SD, but it seemed like you guys gave up a lot for him not to be the starter.
Originally posted by WheresWaldo:
Herman Edwards believed we had the best draft in the NFC and Todd McShay believed you guys had the best draft in the NFC. Either way, not too shabby. We'll see whose on top of the NFC West next year.

No offense to the Seahawks fan, but we all know who will be on top of the West next year. The only team with somewhat of a fighting chance is Arizona, but Leinart is not good enough to do what Warner did. Not to mention the loss of their starting safety, a star WR and star LB. Arizona will decline this year, but I still think they'll end up 2nd in the division with a close-to-.500 record.

The Seahawks have some talent to work with, but I wouldn't have any faith in Pete Carroll this year if I were a Seahawk fan given his previous stint in the NFL and the fact that starting over with a new coach very rarely has turnaround results the first year or two. This isn't college and he can't recruit the best players available based on his team's rep and by paying them off under the table, so he won't be hand-picking talent from a never-ending pool anymore. He'll get what he can from FA and the draft, which is far different from what he's used to - getting anything he wants.

I said last year that Arizona would win the West, Niners would be second, Seahawks 3rd and Rams dead last. I was right. This year I see the Niners winning the West, Cardinals 2nd, Seahawks 3rd (but with a better record than last year) and of course the Rams will be dead last again. I know Seattle has been hit with the injury plague, but that's no excuse in my opinion since injuries are a very big part of the game. The fact that it's happened to them the past few seasons might be an indication of durability issues with their starting players. We had that problem with Jonas Jennings and the only solution is to find more durable players that can perform at a high level.

[ Edited by 49erRider on Apr 25, 2010 at 23:46:01 ]
Your Mike Teel sounds like our Nate Davis.

-9fA
Originally posted by YorkHater:
Get off our board SheCock

Originally posted by 49erRider:
Herman Edwards believed we had the best draft in the NFC and Todd McShay believed you guys had the best draft in the NFC. Either way, not too shabby. We'll see whose on top of the NFC West next year.

No offense to the Seahawks fan, but we all know who will be on top of the West next year. The only team with somewhat of a fighting chance is Arizona, but Leinart is not good enough to do what Warner did. Not to mention the loss of their starting safety, a star WR and star LB. Arizona will decline this year, but I still think they'll end up 2nd in the division with a close-to-.500 record.

The Seahawks have some talent to work with, but I wouldn't have any faith in Pete Carroll this year if I were a Seahawk fan given his previous stint in the NFL and the fact that starting over with a new coach very rarely has turnaround results the first year or two. This isn't college and he can't recruit the best players available based on his team's rep and by paying them off under the table, so he won't be hand-picking talent from a never-ending pool anymore. He'll get what he can from FA and the draft, which is far different from what he's used to - getting anything he wants.

I said last year that Arizona would win the West, Niners would be second, Seahawks 3rd and Rams dead last. I was right. This year I see the Niners winning the West, Cardinals 2nd, Seahawks 3rd (but with a better record than last year) and of course the Rams will be dead last again. I know Seattle has been hit with the injury plague, but that's no excuse in my opinion since injuries are a very big part of the game. The fact that it's happened to them the past few seasons might be an indication of durability issues with their starting players. We had that problem with Jonas Jennings and the only solution is to find more durable players that can perform at a high level.

Atlanta, Miami, Baltimore, N.Y. Jets......
Originally posted by TexasNiner84:
Originally posted by 49erRider:

Atlanta, Miami, Baltimore, N.Y. Jets......

Do I really need to bring up all the teams that didn't have such success?

I don't think so. BUT, I will give you one: 49ers (Nolan).

Take note of the fact I said it was rare, not impossible or that it never happened.
welcome, chuck. looks like you guys had an awesome draft. quick question: how are fans reacting to not bringing home taylor mays? I mean obviously it looks like you guys got the better safety of the, but are some folks bummed? my father in law is kinda pissed so I wanted to see if other hawk fans were. also, my father in law said that you can now take your boats out and watch training camp at the new facility. is this true? if so, that's pretty sick. I'm gonna be up there for sea fair and I am hoping he rolls me by the new facility.

also, gonna try and get up there for the niner game too. hope to tailgate under that god awful overpass. good folks there.
Actually, most are happier we got Earl and Kam, especially after the whine fest by Mays. Some aren't but a surprising amount are. One thing I noticed about Mays is his speed. Kam doesn't have as much speed. Ya can't teach speed... I think we had the best draft in years but time will tell. I'm hoping PC brought a great strength coach with him because ours apparently SUCKED the last few years.
Actually, most are happier we got Earl and Kam, especially after the whine fest by Mays. Some aren't but a surprising amount are. One thing I noticed about Mays is his speed. Kam doesn't have as much speed. Ya can't teach speed... I think we had the best draft in years but time will tell. I'm hoping PC brought a great strength coach with him because ours apparently SUCKED the last few years.

Welcome to the zone Charlie, hope ppl haven't been too harsh on ya for being a Hawks fan. I liked your teams draft and pick ups, but don't see a super surge of wins coming your way, but will definitely be improved compared to last year.

Surprisingly, I like our Mays pick more than your Thomas and Kam picks. Don't get me wrong, I know Mays will take a longer time to transition than Thomas, but with Lott and Sing committed to making him great I think he'll be better for the long run. Also, I think Kam will be a special teams stud, nothing more.

I'm really impressed with the White and Washington pick ups, though I think the hawks actually got a steal with Granger as a UDFA. He's more than talented enough to be a 1st rounder (some had him a better talent than McCoy in Okla), and if he can get over his injuries, I'm not looking forward to playing against him. Also, I think the Thurmond pickup will be good for your guy's secondary (he was good at Oregon and will fit into Carroll's system).

Looking forward to our games this season and wish your team the best of luck...unless it's against my niners, then I hope Gore averages 300 yards with 4 TDs each game, Crabtree posts over 200 yards receiving with 4 TDs in each game, and PWilly handicaps all of your QBs and makes Leon Washington his b*tch lol, j/k...well maybe just on the Pwilly reference

We didn't do too bad either. We still don't have a pass rush but I think the secondary will be better. It oughta be a fun game in week 1.

Welcome aboard. phaggot.
I KEED , I KEED. Welcome aboard, man.
The Seahwaks had the best draft but i dont think its gonna help them that much, this year anyway.

They ahve an old injury prone Hasselb***h, they have WHitehurst who if im not mistaken has never seen action in a game. The Wrs are old.

Im sorry i just dont see them competing, I do bet that games we play them will be close because they always are but the Niners will win.
Pistol Pete and his whole draft is a boom-or-bust situation. The picks all look nice and shiny, but we're all still wondering if he has what it takes to make in the NFL. Either way, Seattle is destined to continue to flounder as long as Hasselbeck is under center. He lost all his mojo after that Super Bowl loss.

....and, so sorry but we're gonna murderize the Seahawks opening day. Have to put on a good showing going into the Monday Night homecoming against the champs Week 2.
I don't think Hasselbeck will be running out of the pocket anymore if he sees this guy waiting on him

What do you think?
Share 49ersWebzone