There are 206 users in the forums

You folks picked up some nice talent.

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by kronik:
Welcome back Cobra. You guys had a nice draft. I think Thomas will be a bust though due to his lack of tackling abilities.

Anyways, what seahawk website has alot of trashtalkers?

http://seahawkblue.com/ is pretty good and has a section for other fans to talk trash.

There's always the old standby http://www.seattlepi.com/forum/boards/viewboard.asp?boardID=3 It's the PI board and likely to be less civilized or tolerant but some knowledgeable fans there too.
Originally posted by ninerlifer:
Originally posted by CharlieCobra:
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by Crazy4Niners:
Originally posted by pantstickle:
Originally posted by YorkHater:
Get off our board SheCock

ChuckyCobra is good people. His downside, however, is being a Seahawks fan. He can't help that.

It's a lifestyle choice and I for one refuse to accept it.

Lol! One thing is for sure, the division is on the UP!!

Bout time

No doubt. I'm friggin sick of hearing how the NFC West is the weakest division in the NFL.

I was gonna say this. Every year it seems we have the worst division. Well this draft is gonna put us back in the fold as a contender. And I also like what the Hawks have done, bar none the best draft of anyone. Im just glad to play the Hawks first game of the year at Seattle...good to get that game over with.

Should be fun to watch. If the Hawks at least bring it for four quarters, I'll be happy. The Niners should take the division this year. Don't miss your window 'cause it'll be shorter than ya think...
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
F**K the Seachickens

S'alright, there's always one (or more) in the bunch. I'm just hoping this Division beats up on the other Divisions in the NFC for a change....

Yea I agree with ya, I am so tired of our division being known as the weakest division in the league. It's time we take a stand and start kiking some major bootie in the league as a whole. GO NINERS!

ChuckyCobra is good people. His downside, however, is being a Seahawks fan. He can't help that.

Bout time

No doubt. I'm friggin sick of hearing how the NFC West is the weakest division in the NFL.

I was gonna say this. Every year it seems we have the worst division. Well this draft is gonna put us back in the fold as a contender. And I also like what the Hawks have done, bar none the best draft of anyone. Im just glad to play the Hawks first game of the year at Seattle...good to get that game over with.

They had a very good draft, but with our two new linemen and Earl Thomas back there I hope Gore will be able to tear it up again, one on one my money is on Gore every time.

Bout time

Should be fun to watch. If the Hawks at least bring it for four quarters, I'll be happy. The Niners should take the division this year. Don't miss your window 'cause it'll be shorter than ya think...

Originally posted by kunged:

Bout time

They had a very good draft, but with our two new linemen and Earl Thomas back there I hope Gore will be able to tear it up again, one on one my money is on Gore every time.

Thomas isn't gonna be in the box, Kam will. Gore will find it tougher to run over Kam than Babs... Thomas is the FS (cover guys) and Kam is the hitter (Mays without attitude).
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Actually loved Seattle's picks, you guys are gonna have a very good secondary. Love how Seattle solidified their secondary with Thomas and Chancellor, you got your ballhawk and box Safety all at once. And I think Chancellor was a steal in the 5th. And Golden Tate in the 2nd was another steal, can't believe Detroit took Javid Best over Tate.

rb was a bigger need for them imo
I dunno, I thought Forsett looked great. Mora just wouldn't play him enough. He kept trying to justify Jones's signing I suppose. Now we have the Force, JJ (who I hope is gone), White (who's gonna be in shape with a chip on his shoulder), Leon Washington and who knows who by the time camp opens. I think we'll find something that works by Fall, not a Frank Gore but something adequate.
CC - First off, welcome. Since you posted here in a respectful way, I hope most replies are returned in the same manner.

Here's a question for you...do you think you can "Win the West" or do you (and other SEA fans) believe you're still in rebuilding mode? IMO, I think the Seahawks will finish 2nd because of your great draft and improved team roster. Cards will be in 3rd place since they lost both Warner and Boldin. Leinart will NOT lead them to the Playoffs, I truly believe that.

As for SF, I think we're finally poised to be division champs since we improved our OL the most and Gore won't have to settle for 1000 yards a season. He could reach his old 1600 mark if our passing game opens up downfield.
I dunno, I thought Forsett looked great. Mora just wouldn't play him enough. He kept trying to justify Jones's signing I suppose. Now we have the Force, JJ (who I hope is gone), White (who's gonna be in shape with a chip on his shoulder), Leon Washington and who knows who by the time camp opens. I think we'll find something that works by Fall, not a Frank Gore but something adequate.

I'm a Cal fan so I'm really happy for what Forsett was able to do last season. Just hope he gets his chance.

Originally posted by mcbaes72:
CC - First off, welcome. Since you posted here in a respectful way, I hope most replies are returned in the same manner.

Here's a question for you...do you think you can "Win the West" or do you (and other SEA fans) believe you're still in rebuilding mode? IMO, I think the Seahawks will finish 2nd because of your great draft and improved team roster. Cards will be in 3rd place since they lost both Warner and Boldin. Leinart will NOT lead them to the Playoffs, I truly believe that.

As for SF, I think we're finally poised to be division champs since we improved our OL the most and Gore won't have to settle for 1000 yards a season. He could reach his old 1600 mark if our passing game opens up downfield.

That's pretty much how I see it too. I think we'll compete but we've a ways to go with this rebuild. It's still up to your QB. You won't win the Division with a bad one, even with Gore in the backfield.
What do you think about Matt and Charlie?

Charlie is a big question mark for me.
Matt is still a good QB. Banged up, nervous and has lost some of his arm strength, not that he was ever a long ball kinda guy but who wouldn't behind that sorry excuse for a line? Charlie "Clipboard Jesus" Whitehurst? I don't know a thing about him. He was a top 10 talent in his draft for what that's worth. I didn't coin that nickname BTW, just using it. Mike Teel interest me more at this point as a possible replacement for Matt. I really liked what I saw last year. I've not seen Charlie play yet so who knows. I don't know if either of them or the guy of the future.
Matt is still a good QB. Banged up, nervous and has lost some of his arm strength, not that he was ever a long ball kinda guy but who wouldn't behind that sorry excuse for a line? Charlie "Clipboard Jesus" Whitehurst? I don't know a thing about him. He was a top 10 talent in his draft for what that's worth. I didn't coin that nickname BTW, just using it. Mike Teel interest me more at this point as a possible replacement for Matt. I really liked what I saw last year. I've not seen Charlie play yet so who knows. I don't know if either of them or the guy of the future.

Pray you dont miss on some first rounders like we did about 7 and 6 years ago, thats why its taken us so long to get back....but it looks like your rebuilding effort is gonna go alot shorter than any of us thought. Kudos!
Good to hear from another fan to be honest. First, thank you -- I think this was one of our better drafts in the past decade. FINALLY got our o-line to pound the rock with Gore/Coffee/Dixon (he's gonna beast eventually on this team, I watched him a couple times last year and was impressed how he chucked fools).

On the other hand, your draft was excellent as well. Your 1st and 2nd rounds absolutely killed it. 3 starters and probably very good players with your first 3 picks. I believe the title for the division comes down to SEA and SF this year. I just see a flop for Arizona and a push from both our teams. Good luck week one, you'll need it! Go niners!
Share 49ersWebzone