LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 222 users in the forums

Raider fans comparing McClain to Willis.

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
You are laughing about fanatics being enthusiastic about a player they drafted/signed being elevated to a pro-bowl HOF playmaking NFL player without seeing a down on the NFL field?

Have you guys not been to the Dixon or Blount threads in Niner Talk?
Originally posted by GEEK:
You are laughing about fanatics being enthusiastic about a player they drafted/signed being elevated to a pro-bowl HOF playmaking NFL player without seeing a down on the NFL field?

if they think, that mcclain could be as good as willis, let them think that. mcclain is a very mlb...they should argue about the fact that they didnt need another mlb.
So what? Every top young player that gets drafted draws comparisons to players in the league. Did anyone say he was as good or better than Willis right now? Cuz, if they said that then that would be really stupid. I'm sure the Raider fans are just thrilled that they didnt get another dog in round 1.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
What a horrible thread that was. So basically raider fans believe that McClain will either be as good as Willis or Singletary, the best ammo against niner fans they have is the team not picking Tom Brady in the 6th round, and they think selecting Anthony Davis was a dumbass move. Wow, I think lost a few brain cells after reading that.

Every thanksgiving that's what I'm grateful for.....for not being a dumbass Raider fan!!!!
Originally posted by GEEK:

lol, guilty of being a Blount fan.

But there is no way I would be comparing him to the best powerbacks in the league, I just think he will make the roster and be a surprise for an UDFA
The NFL is a whole nother animal compare to college.
My buddy who is a Raiders fan said, "If McClain becomes half the player Willis is I am going to be stoked." I think deep down most Raiders fans actually think this.
Most of those Raider fans actually agree Willis is the best MLB in the league.

Even they think the thread starter is a dummy.

Originally posted by fanmusclecars:
Most of those Raider fans actually agree Willis is the best MLB in the league.

Even they think the thread starter is a dummy.

Pretty much, and then a bronco fan that posts there turned up and it turned into a Tebow bashing thread.
wrong thread my bad

[ Edited by pupsingh on Apr 25, 2010 at 22:27:29 ]
When it comes to their players, raider fans are easily the biggest homers in all of sports.
eh as much as I hate them... I still hate the cards*cant think of a good name atm*, seacocks, assrams, cowgirls, fudgepackers, ect... much more so...So if they finally get a decent pick I'll allow it... as long as they still hold niners jock that is. That being said p-willy is a once in a generation type players... we got another 8 to 10 years before we see someone else as good as him.
Originally posted by TheRatMan13:
To me, he plays too high for a LB. He is going to need to work on that in order to even be close to Willis. Plus, he has nowhere near the speed that Willis has.

He reminds me of a larger, more athletic Derek Smith... solid, but still kinda meh
Share 49ersWebzone