There are 217 users in the forums

Any chance T.O. considers retires as a 9er

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Tman
  • Veteran

they should just ensrine this
Don't give that Team Cancer the satisfaction of being associated with the Niners. Good riddance.
Some of you guys really need to give up on T.O., the guy is past his prime, he didn't leave here on good terms and he is a cancer in the locker room. Why would you ever want him associated with the Niners again??????
Originally posted by TruNinerFan:
Some of you guys really need to give up on T.O., the guy is past his prime, he didn't leave here on good terms and he is a cancer in the locker room. Why would you ever want him associated with the Niners again??????

Not "leaving on good terms" is generous. The guy torched every bridge and didn't give a damn about the Niners or their fans.
Originally posted by ZRF80:
TO would/could be an asset to the team. While other teams have realized that in today's NFL you can convert from a dud to a stud in 1 year (see Jets, Redskins this year).......we still think that rebuilding should take longer the good ole fashioned way.

So teams like the Redskins can go out and become instant top 10 contenders in a span of 4-5 months, we'll just wait it out and hope our 10 year plan works out for the best.

-9fA
Originally posted by HomestarRunner:
You give that honor to a player who helped make your organization, not to a player who was a key factor in blowing it up.

What? Owens was a key factor in this team having success while he was here. What blew this team up was the ownership and a little thing called the salary cap. They fired Maricoochie and it went downhill from there. Owens, while he is an ass, helped make this team a contender in his years here.

That being said, Owens has calmed down a lot and learned to shut his damn mouth more often, so I wouldn't mind having him back. He would help this offense tremendously because he is still a big threat even though he is declining, and he still has superb blocking skills. We still don't have a true #1 threat since Crabtree is only entering his second year and has not become what he will be, yet. Josh Morgan showed a lot of promise in his rookie year, but fell off the radar last season. Ginn is soft and it's doubtful he will become the type of threat Owens would be. Hill showed a little promise when given the opportunity, but looks like nothing more than a 3rd option. Basically, we have a bunch of #2 and #3 receivers with no legitimate #1, which Owens would be.

I know it's hard for some of you people to get over the past, but not wanting something that will help the team you root for is plain stupid.
I hope not.. He couldn't get out of town fast enough.. He has burned most every bridge he ever crossed. So there is no going back.

I wonder what will happen if/when he gets voted into the HOF..
Share 49ersWebzone