There are 142 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

IMO, Rich Eisen sucks.

Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
Originally posted by 9erfan4life:
Rich is pretty awesome. What was his 40 time again? Like 6.40 or something? haha

missed it this year did he get some running shoes this year lol

I think he actually ran a 6.20 this year. Got coaching and everything, but he still wore the suit. haha

haha at least take the jacket off

Rich is pretty awesome. What was his 40 time again? Like 6.40 or something? haha

missed it this year did he get some running shoes this year lol

I think he actually ran a 6.20 this year. Got coaching and everything, but he still wore the suit. haha

haha at least take the jacket off

He's a professional
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
Compared to the competition, he's great. Doesn't take himself too seriously, but isn't over the top trying to be funny with a million retarded catch phrases, doesn't try to make the show about him. Really all they have to do is get rid of Deion who always makes everything about him, and you'd have a great crew.
Only person on NFL Network that sucks is Jamie Dukes.
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by PA9erFaithful:

You do know Irvin is on there right?
I think im the only one but i hate NFL network, i only watch it when Thursday night football is on
Originally posted by TX9R:

I can stand him, sometimes. Every time Jamie Dukes says something it makes me want to punch a wall.
I hate it when sports reporters/anchors etc try to be funny. Berman does it too but at least he is great at doing the recaps or "plays of the day" type stuff. The "I'm a comedian that just happens to do sports commentary" attitude has pretty much destroyed the ESPN NFL broadcast. I can't remember the last time I was able to tolerate the audio during an espn broadcast of an NFL game. I'm not saying they all need to be mini- Walter Cronkites or anything but enough with the lame jokes already.

Jamie Dukes and Michael Irvin make me turn the volume off when watching NFL Network. Eisen is irritating too but at least when he's not trying to be funny his comments make sense. Guys like Dukes and Irvin offer nothing but lame jokes and retarded post game observations.
Rich is the man
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Originally posted by Chief:
Originally posted by Chief:
Does the

Lol. Dropped my phone.

Does the way he drags on, and slow down, and try to be... Cool.. Bug you? The way, it, bugs me?

At best Rich is your average 'color' analyst. -That's why they teamed him up with somebody who actually knew what the f**k he was talking about (in Stuart Scott) during his ESPN tenor.

But it's either hit or miss, most of the time Rich is either a caricature of himself during game-day coverage (like Chris Berman), or he actually pops a very insightful/humorous joke, or movie/pop-culture reference once and a while.

Did you just say that Stuart Scott knows WTF he's talking about? lol

If you mean "Knows how to say 'Booya' and 'boom-shaka-laka" then yeah, he knows what he's talking about.
  • KID9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TX9R:

I can stand him, sometimes. Every time Jamie Dukes says something it makes me want to punch a wall.

Me too

I'm pretty sure most of the hosts can't stand him either.
Originally posted by 49erWill:
I like him (no homo)
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Rich is gangsta
As wacked out as Michael Irvin is, he actually makes a lot more sense than 99% of people out there. Remember when Crabtree signed and everyone was talking about how he'd have no impact? He was the only guy out there who said he'd step right in and produce...and that's exactly what Crabs did.

Irvin is a crackhead, no doubt...but he actually has some decent insight. He doesn't come across like an idiot on TV like Emmitt Smith or Marcellus Wiley (Wiley is a lot better on radio though).
Originally posted by Leathaface:
As wacked out as Michael Irvin is, he actually makes a lot more sense than 99% of people out there. Remember when Crabtree signed and everyone was talking about how he'd have no impact? He was the only guy out there who said he'd step right in and produce...and that's exactly what Crabs did.

Irvin is a crackhead, no doubt...but he actually has some decent insight. He doesn't come across like an idiot on TV like Emmitt Smith or Marcellus Wiley (Wiley is a lot better on radio though).

Yeah, I have to admit Irvin has entertainment value and does make some good points (don't always agree with them, but he does know how to speak to his audience). Jamie Dukes, on the other hand, is a complete waste of airtime. Eisen is good too IMO, never been annoyed with his contributions on the NFL Network.