There are 154 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Randy Moss Vs Jerry Rice-Let's be real.

Originally posted by 49ertrue1:
oh ya, T.O. is one of best ever. But lets not bring T.O. into this. He is no Moss. T.O. is best physical reciever ever.
& your talking about a younger in his prime reves against a 33 year old WR now. don't forget. & if you actually read the article i wrote, u would see that I put in there Moss beat Reves last year for a TD. They play Jets twice. & the media over hypes reves, he wasn't singled on Moss ENTIRE game. Moss was doubled part of the game. WE'll see if reves is a "shut down" corner next year, he is very very good though. very good.

reves is prolly scared of Moss if he had ZERO help from a safety. But would reves be scared of a younger Moss, YOUR DAMN RIGHT! haha...Reves better work on his game this off-season, cause his game tape is out there now. To be labeled a "shut down" corner, you have to have more than a few good games, to me. More like multiple seasons.

I don't understand you. First you say Moss keeps getting better every year, then you say he is 33 yrs old playing against a young corner? Make up your mind. Btw...Champ Bailey once again shut down your boy last year.

...and every WR with good speed in the NFL gets safety help from time to time. Revis not only called Moss out before the game...he then went on to shut him down twice.

...and what do you mean Revis' tape is out there now? Revis wasn't a rookie last year, and Moss played him twice - once in the beginning of the season and then in the second half of the season, and Pats are known for making tapes...so I doubt Moss didn't have access to Revis manhandling him from their earlier meeting.

[ Edited by 49ersMyLife on Mar 26, 2010 at 02:59:52 ]
no, i posted it already,I moved on. it's on this page. think i replied with your pro bowl talk in same comment
Gotta hit the hay man...Thx for the chat. it's like 3am. peace & go niners@!
dude, rice got shut down all the time. find something valid. i'd like to hear your definition of shut down,as well. and moss was hurt this year, & still led NFL,

& when I said he's getting better, he's improving on the little things and runs better routes. Your analysis of what meant is off obviously, anyone knows your not faster at 33 right? haha
dude, rice got shut down all the time. find something valid. i'd like to hear your definition of shut down,as well. and moss was hurt this year, & still led NFL,

& when I said he's getting better, he's improving on the little things and runs better routes. Your analysis of what meant is off obviously, anyone knows your not faster at 33 right? haha

Learn how to use the quote button man. Your arguments are all over the place.

You said he is the most feared Wr and all I implied was - Revis disagrees with you and you went on your rant about Moss not having the tape on Revis even though Revis is entering his 4th year in 2010. With the rules hugely favoring the WRs - I think 2 games - 58 yards and 1 TD by the go-to WR (with a great QB calling the plays) qualifies as being shut down.

You said Moss is getting better (which I disagree with) - I never said anything about his speed...what are you talking about? Anyway, after getting shut-down 4 times in 4 games...I hope Pats coaching staff will provide Moss with a tape on Revis.

[oh lord]

Moss vs Revis:

2009 - 58 yards 1 TD (over 2 games)
2008 - 48 yards 1 TD (over 2 games)

Revis owns Moss. There is no debate about this. Revis even b***h-slapped Moss in the media and yet Moss didn't have an answer for him on the following Sunday.
who is jerry rice?
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
Moss is the most physically gifted WR ever, no where near the best. Derrick Coleman was the most physically gifted PF in his heyday, but Charles Barkley was a far better player. The 2 things in common - work ethic and performance in big games. Moss sucks at both, Rice was at his best.
/ end thread
rivers, you are in part true. but as a niner fan & havin my whole family and friends niner fans,you learn that this is the only way to open up people's eyes to the real randy moss, and get them to step outside the "rice box" and see another prospective. i respect your comment. but ether just posted other stats...

But isn't that the way to battle the statistics that you presented? You tried to show proof in numbers and he did likewise. He compared apples to apples. You're asking for someone to give a solid argument to what you're saying and I full heartedly believe he did that.
yes, moss in his prime was the most feared player ever! period! rice wasn't as feared as Moss, it's a fact.

It's not a fact, it's an opinion.
deleted

[ Edited by Rivers77 on Mar 26, 2010 at 20:11:51 ]
sonoco, not a bad post, althogh,thinking moss will only 10 td's next year, will be wrong. & your right, if Moss ends up on a bad team & doesn't reach the record it will be peeps like me saying, Moss had way less and still tore it up, A LA BARRY SANDERS.

& as far as Rice getting hurt, yes i watched that live on my floor in the living room. (side note, i saw rice's last game as a niner, same day t.o. set the record, on the 50 yard line with my boss)if u think i'm not a rice fan, your nuts, i lived for the guy for years in my own football career.

but being injured is part of the game, Moss has been injured a lot too. but the media calls it dogging it. see jerkoff jaworski stick up for Moss this year saying he wan't doggin' it. Moss admited after season hurting his back mid year & he STILL led the NFL, cause you simply can't cover him 1v1, it's a fact.

. . . it's not a bad post . . . it's not a bad post !!!! I was so craving the noobs approval too.
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:

You said he is the most feared Wr and all I implied was - Revis disagrees with you and you went on your rant about Moss not having the tape on Revis even though Revis is entering his 4th year in 2010. With the rules hugely favoring the WRs - I think 2 games - 58 yards and 1 TD by the go-to WR (with a great QB calling the plays) qualifies as being shut down.

You said Moss is getting better (which I disagree with) - I never said anything about his speed...what are you talking about? Anyway, after getting shut-down 4 times in 4 games...I hope Pats coaching staff will provide Moss with a tape on Revis.

[oh lord]

Moss vs Revis:

2009 - 58 yards 1 TD (over 2 games)
2008 - 48 yards 1 TD (over 2 games)

Revis owns Moss. There is no debate about this. Revis even b***h-slapped Moss in the media and yet Moss didn't have an answer for him on the following Sunday.

haha yeah Revis is awesome. Moss can't do s**t against him. And even with all the rules favoring WR's and QB's these days.
you guys are all idiots!!!! i swear to god, you still say nothing. I have heard plenty of coaches and players say Moss is the best. Including, Chris Carter, one of the best ever. Carter Moss was already better than Rice ever was when he was a rookie.

Stop talking out of you ass. Link me to one coach or player who has ever said Moss is better than Rice. Show me proof. Your word doesn't mean sh*t.

BTW, I don't know if Chris Carter ever said that or not, but take it for what it's worth. He was Randy Moss' teammate. What would you expect? Give me a break.
I was right. Worst Thread of All Time.