There are 288 users in the forums

Dolphins put G Justin Smiley on trading block

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by valrod33:
Championship

The Dolphins plan to trade LG Justin Smiley, a source close to the team tells beat writer Edgar Thompson.
The Dolphins told Smiley not to join the team for offseason conditioning. Smiley was signed to a five-year, $25 million contract in 2008, but missed eight starts over the last two seasons due to leg and shoulder injuries. With Richie Incognito now in the fold along with youngsters Donald Thomas and Nate Garner, the Dolphins apparently see guard as a position of strength. Mar. 22 - 10:05 am et

bring him back!
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Ummmm.................NO
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erFaithful:
Bring him back!

I don't think so. He is getting injury prone, we don't need another Marvel Smith or Jonas Jennings.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Smiley > Hutchinson
Originally posted by TlSSER:

The Dolphins plan to trade LG Justin Smiley, a source close to the team tells beat writer Edgar Thompson.
The Dolphins told Smiley not to join the team for offseason conditioning. Smiley was signed to a five-year, $25 million contract in 2008, but missed eight starts over the last two seasons due to leg and shoulder injuries. With Richie Incognito now in the fold along with youngsters Donald Thomas and Nate Garner, the Dolphins apparently see guard as a position of strength. Mar. 22 - 10:05 am et

bring him back!

So, he lost about 25% playing time in two yrs. That's nothing! Jennings missed over 50% playing time and he was on our team for FOUR long years. I think Miami overpaid and am giving up too early on Smiley.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by YuNGaCE:
Originally posted by darkknight49:
Originally posted by 49erWill:
This board is bipolar

extremely bipolar.

tell me something i dont know..

A woman's boobies are soft, and she's even softer "inside".

I wish I could be the one giving this information away
Originally posted by English:
So, um. Could it be that McClueless made the right decision in letting him go?

Damn!

I was about to say this same thing.

-9fA
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Championship

In the words of Batman: "Never again."
  • dj43
I suspect health may be an issue as he has had more than his share of injuries. However, I suspect that it may be more of a salary issue than anything. When healthy, he is better than any guard on the current 49er roster. However, at this point in his career, I would rather see what Ray Brown and Scolari can do with Chilo Rachal than give up more than a 5th for Justin Smiley.
Originally posted by darkknight49:
Originally posted by 49erWill:
This board is bipolar

extremely bipolar.

Smiley traded to Jax

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/05/24/fins-trade-justin-smiley-to-jacksonville/
This makes me happy
Share 49ersWebzone