LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 300 users in the forums

Source: Jones works out for Bengals

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • jrg
  • Veteran
By Adam Schefter
ESPN.com

Former Tennessee Titans and Dallas Cowboys cornerback Adam "Pacman" Jones worked out for the Cincinnati Bengals on Thursday, according to league sources.

The workout is thought to be Jones' first with an NFL team since the Cowboys released him in February 2009.

Bengals coach Marvin Lewis has been a champion in providing second chances to players.

Jones has avoided trouble since his last brush with the law in October 2008. He was involved in an alcohol-related incident with a bodyguard assigned to him by the Cowboys, and hotel employees called police. No arrests were made nor charges filed. But the NFL suspended Jones for four games because the incident was a violation of the league's personal conduct policy.

Jones began his time in Dallas under close league scrutiny after he was suspended for the entire 2007 season for multiple violations of the conduct policy while he was a member of the Titans. The Cowboys traded for Jones before his suspension was over and he was reinstated by Goodell on Aug. 28, 2008.

The Bengals also have expressed interest in former Jaguars wide receiver Matt Jones, who was suspended for the final three games of the 2008 season for violating the league's substance abuse policy. He was cut by the Jaguars in March 2009.

Adam Schefter is ESPN's NFL Insider.

They just love these thugs don't they?

Link
Good for him, wasn't his attitude good in Dallas ? If so, I'm glad he's changed and trying to move on.
[ Edited by YuNGaCE on Feb 11, 2010 at 9:49 PM ]
Matt AND Pacman Jones? The Cokehead and Pistol Packer together on one team? I guess they needed another train wreck to replace Chris Henry.
PacMan in Cincinnati...seems like a perfect fit.
would be nice if he can finally get his s**t together
Originally posted by SacRock14:
PacMan in Cincinnati...seems like a perfect fit.

Match made in heaven.
Should be a smashing success.
Originally posted by YuNGaCE:
Good for him, wasn't his attitude good in Dallas ? If so, I'm glad he's changed and trying to move on.

no
Damn the Bengals love criminals
the bengal are a fu**ing joke
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
How the hell did the Bengals win their division last year?

Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
How the hell did the Bengals win their division last year?

As big a joke as the Bengals franchise is, I'd say a majority of GM's out there would prefer the Bengal's roster over ours...
Its worth the risk. Real good CB and could sign him at under a mil. He an a**hole no doubt, but has a lot of talent and plays a position where there is not a lot of great players.
Share 49ersWebzone