LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 288 users in the forums

NFL might ban the 3-point stance

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
When the hell does Goodell step down as commish?

-9fA

Can you impeach a commissioner?

This guy sucks. I liked him at first when he started suspending guys like Tank Johnson and Pacman Jones, but since then he has done nothing but piss me off with his decisions.
Originally posted by Legbreaker:
This is f*cking ridiculous.
Originally posted by TheRatMan13:
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
When the hell does Goodell step down as commish?

-9fA

Can you impeach a commissioner?

This guy sucks. I liked him at first when he started suspending guys like Tank Johnson and Pacman Jones, but since then he has done nothing but piss me off with his decisions.

I agree. I knew this guy was an idiot when he started with moving the probowl the day before the Superbowl. He's taking things to an extreme.Why don't you make them count to 3 before rushing? Fact is you want to make the game safer which is all fine but don't change the game experience for the fans in doing so. I agree that there shouldbe more focus on equipment modifications rather than changing the rules of the game. Also, these guys understand the risks they take, thats why they get paid what they get paid.
Maybe Goodell should ban players that are big, strong and fast also. Smaller wimpy nerdy guys would be less likely to hit so hard, resulting in fewer concussions.
Doesnt Justin Smith use the 3 point stance?
Originally posted by teeohh:
this guy wants to change every f**king thing

This is what happens when a lawyer takes over. Everything is illegal. Why don't
we just ban helmets and pads. We replace them with a flag hanging out of the
back pocket.

Just about everthing Goodell does is negative to the league from my point of view.

Rozelle and Hunt did a lot for football. I can't even remember the name of the guy before Goodell, but at least he didn't mess with things too much.

Unless we all want a sisseyphied league, Goodell needs to be run out on a freight train. Gee, maybe he can hire Richard Simmons as a consultant.
  • mod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by REDx85xGOLD:

doesnt every defensive lineman use it?

and what about the 4 point... is that still cool?
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran

Ya him and Darnell Dockett use it all the time, I also see Seymour using it all the time..Doesnt every lineman use the 3 point stance all the time lol?

Roger Gooddell = fail..
[ Edited by ImaMod on Feb 9, 2010 at 2:44 PM ]
Originally posted by ImaMod:

Ya him and Darnell Dockett use it all the time, I also see Seymour using it all the time..Doesnt every lineman use the 3 point stance all the time lol?

Roger Gooddell = fail..

every defensive linemen does..unless ur the niners and beast with no linemen down
but offensive guards and tackles sometimes are in a 2 point stance
Originally posted by modninerfan:
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by Joecool:
Why not just create a different helmet. One that has a hard layer sandwiched between two soft layers to absorb the impact?

Even a half inch soft exterior layer over that hard layer would make a huge difference.

There are some who think that they should eliminate the hard helmet from the game. There would be a big drop off in the way guys throw themselves into people with no helmet to protect themselves.

They would definitely tackle with the shoulder a lot more...no different than how we played tackle at the park. Of course, you would have more bloody faces but it's nothing compared to concussion. Bloody face is just cosmetic.

It would be more like Rugby... would you keep the rest of the pads... or maybe just make them smaller?

I would just make a softer helmet with solid ear coverings to hold the facemask.

^^the speed would slow down if they had less padding.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Goodell is a douche bag.
Every since Pop Warner, interior D-linemen have been taught to rush from a 3point stance. Same can be said for the O-linemen trying to stop them.

So he is saying that an entire league would have to learn a new technique because someone may get hurt?

What Goodell is doing is opening up the doors for another more agressive league to actually compete with the NFL.

He is turning America's ultimate TEAM blood sport and putting a skirt on it!

He needs to know that part of the reason we watch is for the repeated car wrecks!
[ Edited by glorydayz on Feb 9, 2010 at 4:08 PM ]
goodell is the biggest douchebag known to man. who the f**k does this guy think he is ? he's ruining the game as we type !
Let's just have the players play each other in Madden. Problem solved!
Share 49ersWebzone