There are 37 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Brett Favre is the most overrated player in the history of sports

• Paul
  • Veteran
Favre has 1 ring, tons of INts and just some really bad aggressive play that a lot of times hasn't worked out well. Yes he is a great QB but not even top 5 to me. Aikman has really s**tty stats, if he didn't win 3 SBs no way does he make the hall of fame.
Alot of great QB's have a mixed history in the playoffs. Peyton Manning for all of his greatness has a 9-8 playoff record. As of right now he's no better than Favre. 1 Super Bowl win with an average performance. Dan Marino wasn't so hot in the postseason with a career postseason passer rating of 77.

I wouldn't say he's overrated. He's a top 10 QB comparable to Dan Marino.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Jan 30, 2010 at 11:02 AM ]
I have been saying this for a while. Dude has choked so many times in the playoffs. He is probably the toughest dude to ever play in the NFL.
Originally posted by Icedawg316:
Favre has 1 ring, tons of INts and just some really bad aggressive play that a lot of times hasn't worked out well. Yes he is a great QB but not even top 5 to me. Aikman has really s**tty stats, if he didn't win 3 SBs no way does he make the hall of fame.

you cant throw the one ring and tons of INTs out there and completely ignore the consecutive starts, the three time MVP, the yards, completion and so many other records he holds. For whatever you might think about him personally there shouldnt be any question about his accomplishments. Aikman is way overrated. Favre made his teams better. if he killed em at bad times sure but he did make em better. does anyone believe the packers wouldve became great without him all those years? does anyone think the Vikings woulda came as close with Tavaris Jackson?
Originally posted by ruthless49er:

you cant throw the one ring and tons of INTs out there and completely ignore the consecutive starts, the three time MVP, the yards, completion and so many other records he holds. For whatever you might think about him personally there shouldnt be any question about his accomplishments. Aikman is way overrated. Favre made his teams better. if he killed em at bad times sure but he did make em better. does anyone believe the packers wouldve became great without him all those years? does anyone think the Vikings woulda came as close with Tavaris Jackson?

All things considered there's really only a couple great QB's with a consisantly great post season resume. Joe Montana, Kurt Warner.

I'm curious to see who these guys are putting over Favre?
Originally posted by tjd808185:

All things considered there's really only a couple great QB's with a consisantly great post season resume. Joe Montana, Kurt Warner.

i wouldnt even put Kurt Warner up with Joe. Def not Favre. but if you want to go down that route youd have to say Brady is heads and shoulders above Warner. hell Manning already is and looks to eclipse him. what about Kelly? he made the SB four years. Young cant be put up on Joes level if were looking purely at post season success.
Originally posted by tjd808185:

i wouldnt even put Kurt Warner up with Joe. Def not Favre. but if you want to go down that route youd have to say Brady is heads and shoulders above Warner. hell Manning already is and looks to eclipse him. what about Kelly? he made the SB four years. Young cant be put up on Joes level if were looking purely at post season success.

I put Brady in the class with Bradshaw and Aikman. Somewhere between 11-20. Outside of the one MVP year Brady just hasn't been great enough individually depite his post season team success. He can still climb up though.

Kurt's not on Joe's level, but when you look at QB's since the Cowboy dynasty ended he's been the best in the post season. I don't think his career was long or impressive enough to warrant that high of a ranking, but when you have the top 3 passing performances in Super Bowl history that tells you something.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home