There are 95 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Brett Favre is the most overrated player in the history of sports

  • dman
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 7,453
Michael Jordan
  • luv49rs
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 50,711
Originally posted by dman:
Michael Jordan

Originally posted by dman:
Michael Jordan

Favre and Ripken sure

NBA I dunno, maybe Iverson or someone like that?
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
Originally posted by valrod33:
NFL-John Elway

NBA-John Elway

MLB-I agree with Ripken and Jeter

You guys must be kidding? Cal Ripken Jr. is the Iron Man of baseball. Of sports. He was unbelievable. Derek Jeter, really? Arguably the best SS in baseball. I don't give a s**t about the "oh he was on a product of a good team" -- he was and still is the heart and soul of the most glamorized team in professional sports. He has 5 rings.

The real ironman of baseball is, and always will be Lou Gehrig. He benched himself because his play was deteriorating...it was deteriorating because he had ALS...a neurodegenerative disorder that eventually killed him.

Cal Ripken's selfish ass wouldn't take himself out despite how much he was hurting his team throughout the years.
Originally posted by SolRebe1:
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Favre's in the top 5 at least.

In no order.

Montana
Marino
Manning
Brady

I think those four should go down without debate. That last spot however.... I think others get in before Farve

I am guessing that you didn't read the title or the OP thus have no idea what this post is about!!!!!!!!
  • luv49rs
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 50,711
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by SolRebe1:
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Favre's in the top 5 at least.

In no order.

Montana
Marino
Manning
Brady

I think those four should go down without debate. That last spot however.... I think others get in before Farve

I am guessing that you didn't read the title or the OP thus have no idea what this post is about!!!!!!!!

Agreed...at first glance at his post i was like WTF?? LOL
Originally posted by nothing03:
Originally posted by MILFS:
joe namath
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:
NFL: Terry Bradshaw

NBA: Oscar Robertson

MLB: Agree w/ Ripken

You can't be for real with this one....

That man AVERAGED a triple double one season, and almost managed to do it a few other seasons.
  • Mex49
  • Member
  • Posts: 2,979
Originally posted by meccaniner:
Namath is overrated BUT has the biggest win in Nfl history

Apparently you missed "The Catch".
  • BigRon
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 14,778
I don't think Favre is overrated. Most know he isn't top 5 all time and many put him just outside the top 10. He ownes records for consecutive starts, Yrds, Completions and interceptions. He has led his team to the playoffs enough times to lead in several categories there as well.

NFL. Namath. Most Important win in NFL history. But that win made many think he was the greatest QB.
NBA. Alex English
MLB. Roger Maris 2 great years in an otherwise average career.
Originally posted by DaManRathman:
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:
NFL: Terry Bradshaw

NBA: Oscar Robertson

MLB: Agree w/ Ripken

You can't be for real with this one....

That man AVERAGED a triple double one season, and almost managed to do it a few other seasons.

THIS!
Originally posted by KevinBarlow:
Originally posted by DaManRathman:
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:
NFL: Terry Bradshaw

NBA: Oscar Robertson

MLB: Agree w/ Ripken

You can't be for real with this one....

That man AVERAGED a triple double one season, and almost managed to do it a few other seasons.

THIS!

Yeah. I really hope that was a joke.
NFL- Bo Jackson, and it isn't close.

NBA- Lambeer or McHale

MLB- Jeter...hands down,
Originally posted by Mex49:
Originally posted by meccaniner:
Namath is overrated BUT has the biggest win in Nfl history

Apparently you missed "The Catch".

Not to mention that the win in question in the original post was the biggest win in AFL history.