LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 278 users in the forums

Bears DE Gaines Adams Has Passed Away...

Shop 49ers game tickets
WOW, look for changes in the NFL. RIP.
what's up with all these Black folks with enlarge hearts.
Originally posted by Negrodamus:

watch the video on that link...

its not because they are Black.....its usually just Athletes in general.... it might seem like its more Black Athletes dying, mainly because there are more of them in football and basketball than other races.

the doctor in the vid does a good job explaining how/why something like this happens..

[ Edited by Afrikan on Jan 17, 2010 at 12:01:00 ]
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Originally posted by Negrodamus:

watch the video on that link...

its not because they are Black.....its usually just Athletes in general.... it might seem like its more Black Athletes dying, mainly because there are more of them in football and basketball than other races.

the doctor in the vid does a good job explaining how/why something like this happens..

I didn't mean it to be anything "racial". but that kid from souther indiana basketball team whom died earlier this week and some other negroids have died recently of enlarged heart. what i was getting at was that it seems enlarged heart are common among black folks like sickle cell anemia

[ Edited by Negrodamus on Jan 17, 2010 at 12:23:54 ]
omg

RIP
, wow, RIP. thats shocking.
RIP Gaines.

New like this frightens the hell out of me.

1. A person could be a lazy "couch potato" and develop heart disease.
2. A person could be an athlete and develop an abnormal rhythmic heart.

What's the fine line between the two?

FYI, Gaines Adams is the second former Buc DE with an abnormal heart. Former DE Simeon Rice has an abnormal heart beat.
wtf, this is a shock. the guy was a real good player and had potential. my condolences go out to his loved ones.

RIP
Originally posted by fanmusclecars:
RIP Gaines.

FYI, Gaines Adams is the second former Buc DE with an abnormal heart. Former DE Simeon Rice has an abnormal heart beat.

Ya, really makes you think. If a guy likes Gaines, who I assume was an athlete that knew his body and took great care of it (or maybe he didn't) can die suddenly it makes you wonder what can happen to normal people like us who may not take as good of care of ourselves.

Here one second, gone another. You never know.
Originally posted by NinerFan1979:
RIP Gaines.

Ya, really makes you think. If a guy likes Gaines, who I assume was an athlete that knew his body and took great care of it (or maybe he didn't) can die suddenly it makes you wonder what can happen to normal people like us who may not take as good of care of ourselves.

I was thinking that, then I thought well I sure don't work out as hard as a professional athlete, but I'm not morbidly obese laying in bed all the time, so maybe there is a good middle ground.

Damn, this is really sad. RIP.
RIP I remember I really wanted the niners to draft him when he came out of college.
Originally posted by NinerFan1979:
RIP Gaines.

it could be a steroid issue it makes muscles bigger and the heart is a muscle,not that i am accusing him, I am just sgtating a possibility
  • flow
  • Veteran
RIP, Gaines.
Share 49ersWebzone