There are 88 users in the forums

Brees, Favre & Warner-- On NFL QB's

Shop 49ers game tickets
Quote from Favre;

“I just think that this year I’m playing on a very good football team,” Favre said. “Warner is playing on a very good football team, Brees. Now, it helps to play well at our position, but you’ve got to have a good cast around you. The stars have to kind of be aligned, too, and it seems like this year that’s the case.”

Quote from Warner;

“It’s not like 30 is a very old player; a lot of guys are just getting into it,” said Warner, who did not play in an NFL game until he was 27. “But I definitely think the experience helps, especially at this time of year, and I think it takes time to build things. Very seldom do you have a quarterback that comes in in their first year and the team around them’s good.”

Quote from Brees;

Brees also noted that the quarterback position puts a premium on preparation and experience. It takes time to learn how to read defenses, to recognize blitzes and coverages, and to understand when it’s worth making riskier throws into tight coverage, and when it’s not.
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-quarterbacklongevity&prov=ap&type=lgns

I included all these 3 so those that think it's all about one position and not the team, well here are 3 HOF QB's that feel the exact opposite.

When they talked of you actually needing a good supporting cast around you, that it takes time to develop.

Also from the other side, that there are exceptions to the rule of success, ie. Tom Brady. But if you also look at Sanchez, he's a rookie QB, that came into a system with a proven no 1 running game, and no 1 total defense. That out of all the playoff QB's, he's produced less TD's and total yardage and any post season QB's.

So as a result i say if our D can be top 5 consistently against the run and the pass, Gore can help our running game be top 5 or 10, then as Favre said, the Qb can just focus on producing the best of his ability. And it dont matter if it's Smith, Davis, or another QB.

So maybe now we can focus on TEAM, and not one position in order for us to be successful

[ Edited by Jersey9er on Jan 15, 2010 at 06:35:36 ]
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
IBTM

Niner talk?

link doesn't work?

you fail
Originally posted by 9erfan4life:
IBTM

Niner talk?

link doesn't work?

you fail

The link is fixed now.

lol, stop bein a lazy ass, and if you really wanted to see the link go to the home page and find the article, if it's that serious.

Next time, how about if you reply. you reply to the post instead of some you fail nonsense.

[ Edited by Jersey9er on Jan 15, 2010 at 06:30:33 ]
I knew someone would add this article in here... they do say it takes a while to get the experience and learn to "read" defenses. However, didn't all of these QB's have success early in their careers, expecially within the first 5 years? Hence, they were successful early, remained starters, and used the experience to gain even more success...
Originally posted by Jersey9er:
Quote from Favre;

“I just think that this year I’m playing on a very good football team,” Favre said. “Warner is playing on a very good football team, Brees. Now, it helps to play well at our position, but you’ve got to have a good cast around you. The stars have to kind of be aligned, too, and it seems like this year that’s the case.”

Quote from Warner;

“It’s not like 30 is a very old player; a lot of guys are just getting into it,” said Warner, who did not play in an NFL game until he was 27. “But I definitely think the experience helps, especially at this time of year, and I think it takes time to build things. Very seldom do you have a quarterback that comes in in their first year and the team around them’s good.”

Quote from Brees;

Brees also noted that the quarterback position puts a premium on preparation and experience. It takes time to learn how to read defenses, to recognize blitzes and coverages, and to understand when it’s worth making riskier throws into tight coverage, and when it’s not.
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-quarterbacklongevity&prov=ap&type=lgns

I included all these 3 so those that think it's all about one position and not the team, well here are 3 HOF QB's that feel the exact opposite.

When they talked of you actually needing a good supporting cast around you, that it takes time to develop.

Also from the other side, that there are exceptions to the rule of success, ie. Tom Brady. But if you also look at Sanchez, he's a rookie QB, that came into a system with a proven no 1 running game, and no 1 total defense. That out of all the playoff QB's, he's produced less TD's and total yardage and any post season QB's.

So as a result i say if our D can be top 5 consistently against the run and the pass, Gore can help our running game be top 5 or 10, then as Favre said, the Qb can just focus on producing the best of his ability. And it dont matter if it's Smith, Davis, or another QB.

So maybe now we can focus on TEAM, and not one position in order for us to be successful

strike that.. you mean 2 HOF QB's... Brees is not in the HOF talk until he wins something..
this is not nfl talk
IBTL
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Originally posted by Jersey9er:
Originally posted by 9erfan4life:
IBTM

Niner talk?

link doesn't work?

you fail

The link is fixed now.

Well thank you very much

lol, stop bein a lazy ass, and if you really wanted to see the link go to the home page and find the article, if it's that serious.

when I click a link to an article I expect to see the article not 'page cannot be displayed' I'm not going to go hunting around a website for an article I don't know the name of.

Next time, how about if you reply. you reply to the post instead of some you fail nonsense.

I did reply to the post and I expected an article of NFL QB's talking about Alex Smith being it was in Niner Talk then when I find out the link didn't work I felt the need to inform you of your failed attempt at posting

Share 49ersWebzone