LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 250 users in the forums

Did you see Pete Carrolls press conference!

Shop 49ers game tickets
I personally like pete but when I watched his news conference boy did I thank GOD for coach singletary! If you watched the whole press conference this guy was prancing around like he had to much coffee. He was giggling and talking like he was on a college campus some where! Wait, it just came to me isn't it strange how coach weiss came out and said that pete carroll was living with a college student and now all of a sudden pete carroll want to coach the sea chickens? Fellas it is something strange going on here. But i heard a preacher say before it will all come out in the fire. Well the heat is being turned up 99 degress. Boy I am glad we have a man with a presence as our head coach! Who can get the most out of our boys. Let's just get him some talent on this team!
carroll is so gonna find out that coaching grown ass rich men comparing to 19-22 college students is way different. im not worried 1 bit about the hawks
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
carroll is so gonna find out that coaching grown ass rich men comparing to 19-22 college students is way different. im not worried 1 bit about the hawks

there's on article on espn about how he will fail, said the players will see him as a pushover, that his personality won't work with pro players

According to carroll players in the nfl are the same as players in college just older...lol

I'm pretty sure he knows this since he has already coached in the NFL, and didn't really have much success.
  • dman
  • Veteran
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

I'm pretty sure he knows this since he has already coached in the NFL, and didn't really have much success.

He wasn't bad ... hes an average coach and nothing to worry about.

I still think we have the best coach in the NFC West
someone should have shown him this
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Link

Dude looks nervous as hell.

He's bringing one hell of a coaching staff together. I heard he got Alex Gibbs for his coaching staff.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

He did ok in the NFL (right around .500), but the game has changed in the past 10 years and so has he.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
get used to this look Seattle....

lol comments like this make me wonder if you even realize aside from his stint with the jets, he has been a successful NFL head coach....

and even more so if some realize he was a very successful coordinator for the 49er's in the mid 90s..
I agree, it was a joke. Carroll to the reporter "That is a terrific question" 'What did you ask again, im serious to" He basically sounds like Mora Jr, sucking up to the reporters but this even worse.

I will be really suprised if Carroll succeeds in the NFL, though hiring Alex Gibbs as O-line coach is a great move but I think he is making a mistake hiring DeWayne Walker as Defensive coordinator.
He does have Paul Allen's money going for him and word is they are going to throw a ton of ca$h at Julius Peppers and Richard Seymour
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
I agree, it was a joke. Carroll to the reporter "That is a terrific question" 'What did you ask again, im serious to" He basically sounds like Mora Jr, sucking up to the reporters but this even worse.

I will be really suprised if Carroll succeeds in the NFL, though hiring Alex Gibbs as O-line coach is a great move but I think he is making a mistake hiring DeWayne Walker as Defensive coordinator.

How is that a mistake? If it makes Seahawks worse then that's great for us...

lol
Steve Spurrier, Dennis Erickson, Nick Saban... and once again, Pete Carroll.
Share 49ersWebzone