There are 195 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Just an observation from the pack/cards game

Originally posted by Ninerbowl6:
That's bulls**t....Smith couldn't hold Rodgers jock strap.


He beat the tards...
OH NOW everyone is off the Rodgers bandwagon?

A month ago, you were dangling from his hairy bean bag.
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
OH NOW everyone is off the Rodgers bandwagon?

A month ago, you were dangling from his hairy bean bag.

not me
I also wonder how the two qb's career would have been different if the swapped teams on draft day. However, that did not happen so we can only really judge the two based on how they've performed in the systems they were given because we can say "if" all day and come up with tons of made up scenarios. With that said, Alex Smith has done NOTHING to suggest it's better to have him than a probowl QB who led his team to the playoffs and almost a road win if his defense had shown up. Smith cannot even be compared to him at this point.
Originally posted by unst4bl3:
If we had drafted Aaron Rodgers, we would have lead the league in sacks (allowed) every season he was playing..


After watching that train wreck, I prefer the roll right, throw it away method...

Stupidest post I have ever read. Aaron Rodgers is a top 4 QB IN THE NFL. He single handedly brought GB back against ARIZONA. They New the Packers were gonna pass after being down 17 and he still was able to shred them. RE WATCH the game and learn football.
You wanna know why Rodgers is so good, its because he got to sit back and learn behind a HOF QB for a few years.

Alex Smith started with some of the worst collection of talent ever in the NFL and he was thrown to the wolves, if we drafted Rodgers the same s**t would have happened
Originally posted by valrod33:
You wanna know why Rodgers is so good, its because he got to sit back and learn behind a HOF QB for a few years.

Alex Smith started with some of the worst collection of talent ever in the NFL and he was thrown to the wolves, if we drafted Rodgers the same s**t would have happened

Rodgers: 3 years of learning behind Favre before coming a starter. No pressure until year 4.

Smith: One training camp and 3 weeks learning behind Tim Rattay, before becoming a starter. Pressure of not only the #1 pick, but also having to live up to Montana and Young.

If anything, it provides a text book example of how to develop a QB, and how not to.
Rodgers needs to improve his pocket awareness and learn to get rid of the ball more. However, hanging onto the ball is a big reason he puts up big numbers. Just as Rothlesberger, Favre and Culpepper (pre-injury), it's their creativity and ability to make things happen that got them to where they are.

As a pure passer though, Rodgers is about as good as it gets. He probably throws the best deep ball in the NFL. He has better accuracy and arm strength than Smith. Smith made nice strides this season, but Rodgers is on the verge of becoming an elite QB. Smith is still trying to prove he can be a effective starter.
oh and BTW Rodgers blew that game last night, he had the WR wide open in OT and overthrew that ball, great QBs make that throw
Brady stunk yesterday too and got booed by his fans. What a bum, right?

I've seen Peyton make bad throws also.

I can guarantee that I'll see them all have bad games again too. One game doesn't tell all.

For those that think Rodgers isn't a good QB, I encourage you to watch him play more often. You'll see what everyone else sees. He's impressive.
Originally posted by strickac:
Rodgers needs to improve his pocket awareness and learn to get rid of the ball more. However, hanging onto the ball is a big reason he puts up big numbers. Just as Rothlesberger, Favre and Culpepper (pre-injury), it's their creativity and ability to make things happen that got them to where they are.

As a pure passer though, Rodgers is about as good as it gets. He probably throws the best deep ball in the NFL. He has better accuracy and arm strength than Smith. Smith made nice strides this season, but Rodgers is on the verge of becoming an elite QB. Smith is still trying to prove he can be a effective starter.

this
Originally posted by unst4bl3:
If we had drafted Aaron Rodgers, we would have lead the league in sacks (allowed) every season he was playing..


After watching that train wreck, I prefer the roll right, throw it away method...


I prefer the roll left, for the TD

Originally posted by valrod33:
oh and BTW Rodgers blew that game last night, he had the WR wide open in OT and overthrew that ball, great QBs make that throw

If you noticed, he had to step up in the pocket because the Right Tackle got pushed all the way back to where he was supposed to drop. He stepped up about 3 or 4 feet and missed the receiver by the same amount. That sucks for Packer fans and Niner fans who hate the Cardinals.
Originally posted by 9erfan4life:
Originally posted by unst4bl3:
If we had drafted Aaron Rodgers, we would have lead the league in sacks (allowed) every season he was playing..


After watching that train wreck, I prefer the roll right, throw it away method...


I prefer the roll left, for the TD


That play was in spite of Smith, the worst QB of all time. All credit goes to the OL/WRs/anyone but Smith.

/sarcasm.
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Originally posted by 9erfan4life:
Originally posted by unst4bl3:
If we had drafted Aaron Rodgers, we would have lead the league in sacks (allowed) every season he was playing..


After watching that train wreck, I prefer the roll right, throw it away method...


I prefer the roll left, for the TD


That play was in spite of Smith, the worst QB of all time. All credit goes to the OL/WRs/anyone but Smith.

/sarcasm.


yeah no way he should have been able to hold onto that football one handed with his tiny hands