There are 132 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Breaking News: Manning wins 4th MVP

Originally posted by Negrodamus:
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
Originally posted by BigRon:
Congrats to Manning.

As for the choke label, Blunt, no different than our own Steve Young in that department.

Which is why I don't consider Young to be the G.O.A.T. Manning doesn't deserve that title at all IMO. Don't get me wrong, I would love to have him, but no way Manning is the greatest ever.

doesn't that belong to #16

of course it does
  • BigRon
  • Veteran
Congrats to Manning.

As for the choke label, Blunt, no different than our own Steve Young in that department.

Which is why I don't consider Young to be the G.O.A.T. Manning doesn't deserve that title at all IMO. Don't get me wrong, I would love to have him, but no way Manning is the greatest ever.

YUP
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Congrats to Manning.

enough with the bulls**t greatest ever nonsense.

It's idiotic to compare one QB in a different era of football to another. Different rules, offensive schemes, and CBAs.

Props to Manning. We are witnessing the near end of one of the top performing QBs to ever play the game, and we should be lucky to have seen him in his current prime.
Originally posted by GEEK:
Congrats to Manning.

enough with the bulls**t greatest ever nonsense.

It's idiotic to compare one QB in a different era of football to another. Different rules, offensive schemes, and CBAs.

Props to Manning. We are witnessing the near end of one of the top performing QBs to ever play the game, and we should be lucky to have seen him in his current prime.
True, but the one area where you can always compare is how clutch a player is. That's instinct, and it goes beyond any other level of skill or any sort of rules. Manning deserves this MVP, but this G.O.A.T talk is undeserved IMO.

Peyton Manning is awesome
WE KICKED THEIR ASSES!

THEY HAD TO USE A CHEESY ASS HB PASS OPTION TO BEAT US!

Originally posted by mcbaes72:
Originally posted by luv49rs:
Yay for manning!! Brees wouldve been good too. Eff you favre!!!!

Agreed w/ everything said!!
Originally posted by 49er4life:
Originally posted by mcbaes72:
Originally posted by luv49rs:
Yay for manning!! Brees wouldve been good too. Eff you favre!!!!

Agreed w/ everything said!!
I told yall nigga$ !
Originally posted by epdavis:
Manning has another MVP, a great regular season record, & homefield advantage in the playoffs so what's next? The Colts lose their first game to the Bengals or Jets. I really like Peyton but he should be working on his 3rd or 4th super bowl by now.

If he had anything that resembled a decent defense, he'd probably be working on his 5th Super Bowl right now. If the defense can play respectable football, he'll have his 2nd ring this year.
yes sir!
Originally posted by dobophile:
We have had some incredible QBs since the 1980s. I count 8 all-time greats in my lifetime:

1. Montana
2. Manning
3. Elway
4. Brady
5. Young
6. Favre
7. Marino
8. Aikman

Manning is simply incredible. Another Super Bowl or two, and he'll be considered the GOAT. (Sorry, Joe.)

Young is not better than 6, 7 or 8. In fact he was not as good as all of those.
When do they announce the DPOY ?
I call BS on this. Chris Johnson deserved MVP more than Manning. If it weren't for CJ, the Titans would have a top 3 pick. Everybody has a chub for Peyton Manning.
People act like Montana did not have some of the best defenses in the 80s