LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 204 users in the forums

Jared Gaither for a 2nd round pick?

Shop 49ers game tickets
This team needs a proven commodity at tackle. I know there are plenty of tackle prospects in the upcoming draft, but they all might be mediocre players at best. Lets get Gaither play him at left tackle and move Staley to the right side, where he belongs. Also, looking at it from the Raven perspective, they can justify taking Oher in the first round if they move him to the left side "the blind side" and they would pick up a second round pick for a guy picked in the fifth round of the supplemental draft. I think its a win for all parties. What you guys think?

[ Edited by meccaniner on Jan 8, 2010 at 11:24:34 ]
Originally posted by meccaniner:
This team needs a proven commodity at tackle. I know there are plenty of good tackle prospects in the upcoming draft, but they all might be mediocre players at best. Lets get Gaither play him at left tackle and move Staley to the right side, where he belongs. Also, looking at it from the Raven perspective, they can justify take Oher in the first round if they move him to the left side and they would pick up a second round pick for a guy picked in the fifth round of the supplemental draft. I think its a win for all parties. What you guys think?

You answered your own question in the second sentence as to why the Ravens wouldn't do this.
lol

just lol
Sure, because this is Madden World.
  • smileyman
  • Info N/A
If the Ravens don't resign Gaither (which would be beyond stupid), the'll give him the highest RFA tender which would require us to compensate them with a 1st and a 3rd.
Originally posted by smileyman:
If the Ravens don't resign Gaither (which would be beyond stupid), the'll give him the highest RFA tender which would require us to compensate them with a 1st and a 3rd.

Logically, a 1st and a 3rd for a proven LT is a good deal. I mean look at last years top tackles. I would rather have the proven guy.
go to work for Lexus so I can buy a car from you. What a deal!
Originally posted by LeadFarmer:
Originally posted by smileyman:

Logically, a 1st and a 3rd for a proven LT is a good deal. I mean look at last years top tackles. I would rather have the proven guy.

We have a proven LT and I would give a 1st and 3rd for a RT or just to move Staley to RT.
i would do it for a 2nd
No he's not that good. He is a slight bit overrated. He's not all that proven. Keep the 2nd rounder.

[ Edited by SanDiego49er on Jan 8, 2010 at 23:23:35 ]

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
We wouldn't be talking about this if McCoughan would've taken him with our 4th round pick. If I had it my way, our two OT's would've been Jared Gaither and Bruce Campbell.
Share 49ersWebzone