There are 134 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Willis best lb in nfl, Beason thinks he should've been in pro bowl

Originally posted by Ether:
Originally posted by JDeezy:
The point is not the fans, it is however the interpretation of what Beason said. He didn't say it in as many words, but it states that he doesn't mean it as a slight to Vilma or Fletcher, but chose not to mention Willis by name, thus inferring that he believes he should have been chosen ahead of Willis. At least that's how I took reading that quote, I could care less about other teams fans because we're just like them when it comes to our own players.

I think thats exactly opposite what he meant.

He chose not to mention Patrick Willis because everyone (coaches, fans, players) know he's the best LB in Football... of course he's not gonna make it over Willis. I interpret his comment as more like:

"No offense to Vilma or Fletcher, but I should have made the Pro Bowl over you (was Fletcher the alternate?)."

I agree 100% with Ether's comment. I have heard many players around the league express their respect for Willis through the media in the last few years. I saw Beason on tv this morning, and he seems like a very smart and well spoken man. I'm sure he feels Willis was a no brainer for the Pro Bowl, which is why he only mentioned Vilma & Fletcher.
Originally posted by Ether:
Originally posted by JDeezy:
The point is not the fans, it is however the interpretation of what Beason said. He didn't say it in as many words, but it states that he doesn't mean it as a slight to Vilma or Fletcher, but chose not to mention Willis by name, thus inferring that he believes he should have been chosen ahead of Willis. At least that's how I took reading that quote, I could care less about other teams fans because we're just like them when it comes to our own players.

I think thats exactly opposite what he meant.

He chose not to mention Patrick Willis because everyone (coaches, fans, players) know he's the best LB in Football... of course he's not gonna make it over Willis. I interpret his comment as more like:

"No offense to Vilma or Fletcher, but I should have made the Pro Bowl over you (was Fletcher the alternate?)."

Agreed, that's what I take from it.
f**k Jon Beason
Yea, this isn't a slam on Willis it's a compliment.

He's saying Willis is such a lock for the PB that he wouldn't even consider intimating that he (Beason) should go over him (Willis). He picked the 2 more questionable guys (Vilma and Fletcher) because he knew that when people heard his comments that they would know he was talkng about them and not Willis.

I mean, Willis is going to get consideration for DPOY. The PB isn't even a question anymore.
Originally posted by mac707g:
Yea, this isn't a slam on Willis it's a compliment.

He's saying Willis is such a lock for the PB that he wouldn't even consider intimating that he (Beason) should go over him (Willis). He picked the 2 more questionable guys (Vilma and Fletcher) because he knew that when people heard his comments that they would know he was talkng about them and not Willis.

I mean, Willis is going to get consideration for DPOY. The PB isn't even a question anymore.

There's too much push for Woodson to get it this year though. Yes, I understand Woodson also had a great year, I just think Willis had the better year and deserves it more. The media, however, only mentions Woodson for DPOY.
Originally posted by YourHuckleberry:
Originally posted by lamontb:
Of course Panthers fans think there players should've made it. I don't even see what this has to do with Willis.

People in the comments are saying that Beason is better than Willis.

Cops should go search those people's houses. I'm sure they would find Crack Labs at each one, because they've must have been smoking it to think that.
  • crzy
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 39,280
Vilma >>> Beason
Originally posted by susweel:
who cares, f**k Beason

Beason is sick, my 2nd favorite LB next to willis, imagine this guy next to willis on our team, WOOO, it would be CRAZY.
Originally posted by crzy:
Vilma >>> Beason

BEASON>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Vilma
You left out the "2nd" in BEST. Willis is a one man show on the 49ers defense where Beason has many other talented players on his defense, yet puts up similar numbers. Beason is not a very outspoken person so for him to come out and say he got snubbed must have some merit. Guarantee if Beason went to 49ers in draft and Willis went to Panthers, Beason would be in selected for Pro Bowl every year.


That is the dumbest thing I've ever read. Guy doesn't know what he's talking about, I want to stab anyone in the neck that thinks Beason is better than Willis.
Originally posted by teeohh:
You left out the "2nd" in BEST. Willis is a one man show on the 49ers defense where Beason has many other talented players on his defense, yet puts up similar numbers. Beason is not a very outspoken person so for him to come out and say he got snubbed must have some merit. Guarantee if Beason went to 49ers in draft and Willis went to Panthers, Beason would be in selected for Pro Bowl every year.


That is the dumbest thing I've ever read. Guy doesn't know what he's talking about, I want to stab anyone in the neck that thinks Beason is better than Willis.

Hahahaha that guy who said that is an idiot
  • crzy
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 39,280
Originally posted by NinerDreamer11:
Originally posted by crzy:
Vilma >>> Beason

BEASON>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Vilma

Not really. Beason is overrated. David Harris is better so is Vilma.
Carolina will have an up-close look at the best ILB in league when when we vistit Charlotte this fall.
I have seen Beason take the wrong angles as well as hit the wrong holes on numours ocations... I remember in that one prime time game agianst the Giants I swear he had a big part in the team giving up the winning TD because he went the wrong way.
Beason also couldn't catch up to Ricky Williams...Williams went to the outside but Beason was way too slow to catch up to him and Ricky ended up scoring..Willis would of tackled him for sure

fast forward to 1:30


[ Edited by BirdmanJr on Jan 8, 2010 at 20:51:41 ]