There are 142 users in the forums

Willis best lb in nfl, Beason thinks he should've been in pro bowl

Shop 49ers game tickets
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/01/08/beason-talks-pro-bowl-snub/#comments

He didn't say it in as many words, but in terms of the pro bowl he feels snubbed big time.

"Beason makes a specific point of saying he doesn't want anyone to perceive his words as a knock on either New Orleans' Jon Vilma, who was chosen as the NFC's backup inside linebacker, or on Washington's London Fletcher, who was chosen as the NFC's alternate. Beason doesn't mention San Francisco's Patrick Willis, who was chosen as the NFC's starter in the middle."

We all know Pat is the best in the biz, but some of the comments by the Panthers fans trying to justify Beason are hilarious.

[ Edited by JDeezy on Jan 8, 2010 at 10:58:20 ]
Beason should have made the Probowl.
Beason should've made it over Vilma, anyone who thinks he should have made it over Willis however is insane.
Of course Panthers fans think there players should've made it. I don't even see what this has to do with Willis.
Originally posted by lamontb:
Of course Panthers fans think there players should've made it. I don't even see what this has to do with Willis.

People in the comments are saying that Beason is better than Willis.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
who cares, f**k Beason
Originally posted by YourHuckleberry:

Who cares? everyone knows Willis is the best..they're homers
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:
Originally posted by YourHuckleberry:

Who cares? everyone knows Willis is the best..they're homers

He asked what it had to do with Willis, so I told him.
The point is not the fans, it is however the interpretation of what Beason said. He didn't say it in as many words, but it states that he doesn't mean it as a slight to Vilma or Fletcher, but chose not to mention Willis by name, thus inferring that he believes he should have been chosen ahead of Willis. At least that's how I took reading that quote, I could care less about other teams fans because we're just like them when it comes to our own players.

[ Edited by JDeezy on Jan 8, 2010 at 11:19:09 ]
  • Luca
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JDeezy:
Beason should've made it over Vilma, anyone who thinks he should have made it over Willis however is insane.

Agreed!!

Originally posted by susweel:
who cares, f**k Beason
  • Ether
  • Veteran
The point is not the fans, it is however the interpretation of what Beason said. He didn't say it in as many words, but it states that he doesn't mean it as a slight to Vilma or Fletcher, but chose not to mention Willis by name, thus inferring that he believes he should have been chosen ahead of Willis. At least that's how I took reading that quote, I could care less about other teams fans because we're just like them when it comes to our own players.

I think thats exactly opposite what he meant.

He chose not to mention Patrick Willis because everyone (coaches, fans, players) know he's the best LB in Football... of course he's not gonna make it over Willis. I interpret his comment as more like:

"No offense to Vilma or Fletcher, but I should have made the Pro Bowl over you (was Fletcher the alternate?)."
Originally posted by Some Idiot On PFT:
I don't know why he feels snubbed. He only had 168 tackles, 3 interceptions and 2 sacks. He needs to try harder.

It seems kinda hard for Jon Beason to have 168 tackles when Patrick Willis leads the league with 152, but OK I guess.

And LOL @ the one guy claiming Willis is a one-man show and that's why Beason is better. Wouldn't being a one-man show mean you're just that damn good? People are so damn STUPID.
Originally posted by Ether:

I think thats exactly opposite what he meant.

He chose not to mention Patrick Willis because everyone (coaches, fans, players) know he's the best LB in Football... of course he's not gonna make it over Willis. I interpret his comment as more like:

"No offense to Vilma or Fletcher, but I should have made the Pro Bowl over you (was Fletcher the alternate?)."

I tend to agree but I don't know if he would say Willis was the best LB in football. More like everyone agrees Willis deserved his Pro Bowl berth while some questioned the Vilma or Fletcher selections.

I personally would have put Beason in above Vilma.

JB brought up the names he thought were questionable, He didn't question Willis Pro bowl bid.
Share 49ersWebzone