LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 255 users in the forums

Redskins pursue Mike Shanahan/ UPDATE SIGNED SHANAHAN

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by MadMartz:
Originally posted by PA9erFaithful:
who didn't already know this?

I didnt obviously. Man they just flew him in yesterday. Im sorry I cant keep up with every bit of news as it breaks. Geez!

They're interest in Shanahan has been talked about ever since Zorn was stripped of his playcalling duties and it was rumored that he was on his way out at season's end. Get with it man!!!!
Originally posted by Negrodamus:
Report: Shanahan, 'Skins strike a deal

wow, 7M a yr for Shannhan on a 5yr contract.
  • luv49rs
  • Hall of Fame

I didnt obviously. Man they just flew him in yesterday. Im sorry I cant keep up with every bit of news as it breaks. Geez!

They're interest in Shanahan has been talked about ever since Zorn was stripped of his playcalling duties and it was rumored that he was on his way out at season's end. Get with it man!!!!

This
Originally posted by AB83Rules:

will be interesting to see how he turns that team around
This is the best move the Skins have probably every made. The Skin's defense is pretty solid. They're loaded with talent. If anyone can get production out of Campbell and the offense, it's Shanahan.

Good for them.
Originally posted by strickac:
This is the best move the Skins have probably every made. The Skin's defense is pretty solid. They're loaded with talent. If anyone can get production out of Campbell and the offense, it's Shanahan.

Good for them.

I like the move as well. I wouldn't be surprised if Shanahan wanted to bring in his own QB though.
Originally posted by teeohh:
Originally posted by AB83Rules:

will be interesting to see how he turns that team around

I'm more interested in seeing how Portis and Shanahan work after he traded him for champ bailey...

Im a slacker I guess,

Originally posted by BoiseNiner:
Originally posted by strickac:

Good for them.

I like the move as well. I wouldn't be surprised if Shanahan wanted to bring in his own QB though.

I'm sure he will eventually, but Campbell fits his system pretty well. Campbell is mobile, can throw on the run, and has a very strong arm. That's exactly what he looks for in a QB. He likes to run a lot play-action and bootlegs, which could really take advantage of Campbell's athleticism.

Plus, the Skin's WR corps is pretty solid. Devin Thomas, Santana Moss, Malcolm Kelly, and Chris Cooley give him plenty of weapons to work with. Shanahan made guys like Ashley Lelie and Eddie Royal look great, so those guys should all be very excited. Plus, Portis (and Tatum Bell, Cecil Sapp, Mike Anderson, Mike Bell, Selvin Young, Quinten Griffin, etc) had is best days under Mike's zone-blocking scheme. He runs it as effective as anyone.

If there's one glaring weaking for the Skins, it's the Oline. If there's one thing Shanahan knows how to manufacture, it's an Oline. He'll turn them around quickly. Plus, he able to do it without necessary drafting lineman early. Smaller, more mobile lineman work well in his system. If he gets that offense firing, the defense could also really benefit because they'd actually be able to catch their breath during a game.

Again, great move by Snyder.

Im a slacker I guess,

Image hosted by tripod, nice...

Im a slacker I guess,

What does that mean? I just pulled it from google images.

Im a slacker I guess,

Means I can't see it, all I see is a little square image that says "Image hosted by tripod."

Im a slacker I guess,

Means I can't see it, all I see is a little square image that says "Image hosted by tripod."

Really, I see it. hmmmm let me try and find another one then.
i heard its official
I hope he gives hell to the cowgirls for the next 10 years.

This is the beginning!!! With Singletary and Shanahan, the NFC shall rise again!!!
Share 49ersWebzone