LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 286 users in the forums

What was the most boring Super Bowl ever?

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by nw9erfan:
It was probably before many of you were even born but by far the most boring Super Bowl ever was played in January of 1975.....Super Bowl IX...Steelers and Vikings. Pittsburgh won the game 16-6. Terrible game. The score at halftime was 2-0. Played on artificial turf in a crappy stadium (Tulane Stadium in New Orleans)... One of the worst games I've ever seen.

That gets my vote, the Steelers ran the ball almost 60 times and the Vikings has about 100 yards of total offense.
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ishkabibel:
For me it was Wash vs Denver. It was over as soon as it started and was never competitive.

Denver was up 10-0 in that game. So it wasn't over as soon as it started. It got bad from the second qtr on for Denver.

Anyway, that Steelers vs Seattle one was very boring. Colts vs Bears too. The Rams vs Titans was boring to me. I mean it ended up being close but I was pretty bored that day.

As far as the Ravens vs Giants.. yeah it was boring but I liked seeing that Baltimore DEF play that year. Best defense I've ever seen. barely remember the mid 80's Bears.
Colts vs Bears
Originally posted by samoan49er:
Ravens vs. Giants...I enjoyed the Bucs/Raiders Super Bowl
Cowboys - Bills in 1993. It was awful.
Atlanta and Denver in SB thirty two sucked
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
any superbowl with pitt in the last decade

the game against the cardinals was pretty entertaining
  • Esco
  • Hall of Fame
Dallas Superbowls as a whole suck
Giants - Ravens.

The only thing I even remember in that game was the back-to-back returns for TD's.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
I don't know if this upcoming Super Bowl will be boring. But I don't get excited to see either of these teams play.

Originally posted by okdkid:
I don't know if this upcoming Super Bowl will be boring. But I don't get excited to see either of these teams play.

If Aaron Rodgers is off his game, this game will suck. The Steelers would love to turn this into a snooze fest.
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
any superbowl with pitt in the last decade
really? so the superbowl steelers vs cardinals was boring???
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NC49erfan82:

If Hearst doesn't break his ankle in the 1st quarter that is us playing the Broncos.
Originally posted by BobS:
Originally posted by NC49erfan82:

If Hearst doesn't break his ankle in the 1st quarter that is us playing the Broncos.

You dont have to remind me we still almost won that game. Maybe with a healthy Terry Kirby we could have won.
Originally posted by BigRon:
The 48 that didn't feature the Niners

There has only been 45 Super Bowls before that there were NFL Championship games I guess you included those. Seriously though I'd the ravens/giants game.
Share 49ersWebzone