There are 59 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Nate Davis thread

Listen, anyone that cant see that Smith is not the future is BLIND. The guy locks onto one receiver before the snap every time. Its a complete waste to run 3 and 4 WR sets because he never reads the D. Every time he gets into a little trouble he rolls out to his right. EVERY TIME! Even when all the receivers are lined up to the left. I can honestly say that I have no excitement watching this team solely because of Smith. We are most likely going to draft a QB this year so why not get Davis some reps to see what he has? Our season is done anyway and Hill and or Smith will not be on the team next year anyway.
Originally posted by JBatta49erfansince81:
Listen, anyone that cant see that Smith is not the future is BLIND. The guy locks onto one receiver before the snap every time. Its a complete waste to run 3 and 4 WR sets because he never reads the D. Every time he gets into a little trouble he rolls out to his right. EVERY TIME! Even when all the receivers are lined up to the left. I can honestly say that I have no excitement watching this team solely because of Smith. We are most likely going to draft a QB this year so why not get Davis some reps to see what he has? Our season is done anyway and Hill and or Smith will not be on the team next year anyway.

yeah lets put in a guy who hasnt taken any snaps in practice this year at all, he is on the scout team he has played WR, CB and Vince Young this year, No way in hell should he play unless you want him to get killed.
Originally posted by bdyer49:
The Niners are in a tough position.
You have to give Smith One more season, one full off season to get chemistry with the O.
Draft a stud Right Tackle and than make the decision to yet again switch QB's. 49ers have to maintain some continuity. If that is done they will be a better team next year.

I Disagree. The this I see with Alex that are not going to change no matter how much he plays in "The System" There are just to many things he does not do that a Winning QB needs to. He just doesn't have IT.
You have to give Smith One more season, one full off season to get chemistry with the O.
Draft a stud Right Tackle and than make the decision to yet again switch QB's. 49ers have to maintain some continuity. If that is done they will be a better team next year.

I Disagree. The this I see with Alex that are not going to change no matter how much he plays in "The System" There are just to many things he does not do that a Winning QB needs to. He just doesn't have IT.

what exactly is IT
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by Dshearn:
They need to start getting him qb reps in mpractice.

Off the field he is best thrower of the bunch

Based on?

Based on picking up a football and throwing it.

As in I have watched all 3 qbs throw a football

Davis might be the worst game time qb,we don't know.

But he sure can throw a football.

They need to get him reps at qb and figure out who to
Cut.
Originally posted by Icelandic49er:
Smith played bad last night but he is our QB for 2010 with hopefully Nate Davis as the backup. Then if Smith is bad next season we might get Davis a chance. I donĀ“t want us to draft a Quarterback next year because i think Nate Davis could be our future guy. Remember that if he had played well in the bowl game last year.......he could have been a 1st round pick.

We have to give Alex the benefit of playing in the same system two years in a row. Especially with the talent we now have on offence. Give him some protection to add to that and if we are still wondering what we have in Smith next year. Then he will go.

IMO Nate Davis should compete with Shaun Hill for the #2 spot. If he is as good as a lot of folks think he is, then he should beat Shaun with no problem. Then if Alex gets hurt or is just stinking up the place next year, Nate will get his shot to run the show..........

We definitely don't need to draft a QB. With the right player aquisitions, we can win with Alex.
Originally posted by valrod33:

what exactly is IT

Not sure you can go ask Joe and Steve and Peyton and Brady.
Originally posted by DesiDez:
They need to start getting him qb reps in practice.

Based on?

Reality

So you have no justification at all.

Watched Davis play at Ball State on ESPN at least 4 times last year and all his preseason games.

Plus I've played ball my entire life and I currently coach high school and run football camps year round so before you try to push your "Veteran" status from a message board, I would stfu
Member Milestone: This is post number 600 for DesiDez.
The real question is not whether Nate deserves to start, its whether Alex Smith deserves to keep his job.....

I'd love to hear this
He is not ready maybe next year this time if we are out of the playoffs.
Originally posted by valrod33:

what exactly is IT

Not sure you can go ask Joe and Steve and Peyton and Brady.

if you are not sure what IT is what makes you think Smith doesnt have IT
Nate Davis is not the answer. 1 pre season win ain't s#$@ I don't know what the hype is about this guy. Just like Shaun Hill was over hyped. I say give Alex 1 more year with a better O-line and maybe Reggie Bush receiving out the back field and see what he can do. I wouldn't mind bringing in Vick and letting Smith go and using our draft picks and free agency on other needs as the risk of drafting a 1st round QB is a risk we don't need to take.

Based on?

Reality

Watched Davis play at Ball State on ESPN at least 4 times last year and all his preseason games.

Plus I've played ball my entire life and I currently coach high school and run football camps year round so before you try to push your "Veteran" status from a message board, I would stfu

The Ball State Stadium is within about 5 miles from my house. I, my wife and my two daughters watched him play for three years. We watched him develop from a freshman getting 2 or 3 series a game, to a freshman starting against Michigan in Michigan (and scaring the hell out of the Wolverine faithful). I watched him play at Nebraska and lead the team to over 40 points. We watched him lead a successful aerial attack during his sophomore year when the coaches had to resort to converting linebackers into running backs due to injury (try being a successful quarterback without a true running back). We watched him all the way through his junior year leading a team that normally considers a 7-5 season a success finish the regular season 12-0 and nationally ranked for the first time in school history. We watched that same team finish this season with only 2 wins without him.

I've seen him make throws that very few QBs at any level can make. I've seen him throw with touch, I've seen him throw it 15+ yards on a rope to a receiver outside the numbers. I've seen him throw it 50+ yards for a touchdown across his body, off his back foot, while scrambling. And to those folks worried about his height (he's maybe an inch shorter than the prototypical QB), he has a very high release point. And to those worried about the laces thing, he throws a tighter and more consistent spiral than Peyton Manning (Being in the same state, I've seen him play an awful lot as well).

He may not be a great QB in the NFL, as there is more to it than just throwing. But from a pure throwing ability standpoint, he is by far the best on the team.

Based on?

Reality

How are you not in the 49ers front office
Originally posted by Thorhawk:

Based on?

Reality

How are you not in the 49ers front office

lol