There are 210 users in the forums

Nate Davis thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
When Deberg was the starter, Walsh would put in Montana in situations where he could succeed. Then next season, Montana became the starter and the 9ers became a winning team.
davis needs to be moved into the #2 position now. He needs his reps in practice!!! Why can't the coaching staff see that?
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
davis needs to be moved into the #2 position now. He needs his reps in practice!!! Why can't the coaching staff see that?

agreed. so do we cut S Hill in this offseason?

i want Alex to be the starter going into next season and let Nate learn behind him and then compete for the job in '11 or '12.
Originally posted by boast:

i want Alex to be the starter going into next season and let Nate learn behind him and then compete for the job in '11 or '12.

Originally posted by leolion:
When Deberg was the starter, Walsh would put in Montana in situations where he could succeed. Then next season, Montana became the starter and the 9ers became a winning team.

Both of these
Originally posted by DesiDez:
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by Dshearn:
They need to start getting him qb reps in practice.

Off the field he is best thrower of the bunch

Based on?

Reality

So you have no justification at all.

keep him around as a number 3.

This.

Nate Davis should not play this year at all, but i do agree with maybe bumping him up to number 2 so he could start getting some reps, but he should not play he is not ready he hasnt even practiced at QB this year, what makes people think we can just throw him in a game
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Originally posted by valrod33:

This.

Nate Davis should not play this year at all, but i do agree with maybe bumping him up to number 2 so he could start getting some reps, but he should not play he is not ready he hasnt even practiced at QB this year, what makes people think we can just throw him in a game

it's becasue he destroyed 3rd and 4th team secondaries in the preseason.
The way I look at it is Smith will be our starting QB next season. I strongly feel Davis should start to get playing time. A few plays here maybe a quarter a a game for the last games" A). to get him some real game experience and B). Injuries are a fact of life in NFL - he needs to be game ready and you never get game ready w/out some real game experience. C). It will quickly demonstrate if we have a future QB or to go shopping.

I'm an Alex supporter but I don't see him progressing fast enough. Maybe a full camp in the same system???

Based on?

Reality

Is that really a surprise?

Originally posted by PA9erFaithful:

Based on?

Reality

Is that really a surprise?

Worth a try! Same old NT!!

I think it would be best for both Hill and the team if he were moved to a team where he could back up an established QB. The poor guy just doesn't have the arm to be a starter.
give smith an average o line and an offseason as starter and he will be fine look how many qbs have come back after 2 years and didnt even get 1st team reps before season and did as well as smith has this season. I think next year he will be a top 10 QB the real problem of our team is KR/PR and o line and dropped passes not the QB
I don't know much about the kid. I hope his development is coming along; but, last I heard he on the scout team in practice playing corner.
Put him in duh. It's as easy as x o and square.
Share 49ersWebzone