There are 245 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

NFL Players Poll- Who they want and don't want to play for...

Quote:
In this week’s Sports Illustrated Poll:
296 NFL players were asked “Which NFL Team Would You Least Like To Play For?”
Most players picked the Oakland Raiders (20%),
followed by the Buffalo Bills (14%)
3rd LEAST desired Green Bay Packers (13%)
4th LEAST desired Detroit Lions (12%)
5th LEAST desired Cleveland Browns (7%).

Quote:

WHICH TEAM WOULD YOU MOST LIKE TO PLAY FOR?

Dallas Cowboys 11.1%

San Diego Chargers 8.5%

Pittsburgh Steelers 7.0%

Miami Dolphins 6.6%

New England Patriots 5.9%

FAST FACTS

Players could not vote for their own team; the poll was conducted in September.... The Cowboys, who moved into a new $1.2 billion stadium this year, are the most popular despite not having gone to a Super Bowl since 1995.... The top five teams have combined for 16 Super Bowl wins, or 38% of NFL titles since 1967.... The Raiders, who had the league's highest payroll last season, ranked 26th.

Based on a survey of 296 NFL players

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1162932/index.htm

http://www.620wtmj.com/sports/billmichaels/72623737.html
Keep doing that thing, Al.
No real surprises there. I long for the days when the 49ers would easily be the #1 team that players would want to be on.
Ouch, I guess Packers fail cuz of cold weather.
Nobody wants to come to the 49ers and play for Coach Singletary
296 bench players i would suspect as having time to even answer this question
  • Paul
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 6,726
seriously why the Cowboys?
Originally posted by znk916:
Ouch, I guess Packers fail cuz of cold weather.

The biggest problem with playing in Green Bay is that there is little opportunity for the players to make gobs of money outside of the game. Being in Green Bay is kind of like being exiled off the face of the Earth with respect to being able to get endorsement deals from companies looking to hand out the green stuff.
I wonder where we came in on both of those lists
Originally posted by fzrdave:
Originally posted by znk916:
Ouch, I guess Packers fail cuz of cold weather.

The biggest problem with playing in Green Bay is that there is little opportunity for the players to make gobs of money outside of the game. Being in Green Bay is kind of like being exiled off the face of the Earth with respect to being able to get endorsement deals from companies looking to hand out the green stuff.

Brett Favre got a sweet deal with........Wrangler. Yeehaw.
Of the least desired I think it may have to do a lot with location. Except for the Raiders they're just a horrible run org.
Originally posted by Icedawg316:
seriously why the Cowboys?

cuz thur likz americaz teemm.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
I wonder where we came in on both of those lists

Originally posted by backontop:
Nobody wants to come to the 49ers and play for Coach Singletary

or have whiny ass fans
Originally posted by Icedawg316:
seriously why the Cowboys?

Because they are a winner most of the time, they play in a $1.5 Billion football palace and they are highly paid thanks to Jerry Jones deep pockets. Who wouldn't want to play for them?