LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 367 users in the forums

Eric Wood leg break(nsfa)

Shop 49ers game tickets
nsfa=not safe for anyone

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3sxYA16Qfk

bones aren't supposed to bend like joints
damn, now my leg hurts.
wow that's up there with Leon washington's inlury. Weren't the Niners playing I think the Raiders awhile back on Monday night and a rb for the Raiders leg got broke so bad I don't think they showed the replay.
Originally posted by lamontb:
wow that's up there with Leon washington's inlury. Weren't the Niners playing I think the Raiders awhile back on Monday night and a rb for the Raiders leg got broke so bad I don't think they showed the replay.

Napoleon McCallum. Remember it well.

[ Edited by SybErkRimInAL on Nov 23, 2009 at 1:52 PM ]
Originally posted by darkknight49:
damn, now my leg hurts.

....because I'm sick in the head.
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
Originally posted by lamontb:

Napoleon McCallum. Remember it well.

This video still hurts. I remember that play. I was worried it was Ken Norton at the time but relieved when it wasn't. Felt bad afterward when I saw what happened to McCallum.
I remember McCallum's injury all too well.

I also recall a doctor who was watching the game identified a possible serious injury that he suffered of a ruptured artery due to the severity of the hyperextension of the knee. He notified Stanford hospital (I believe) and the doctors who attended to McCallum said that phone call saved his life.
Originally posted by DaManRathman:
I remember McCallum's injury all too well.

I also recall a doctor who was watching the game identified a possible serious injury that he suffered of a ruptured artery due to the severity of the hyperextension of the knee. He notified Stanford hospital (I believe) and the doctors who attended to McCallum said that phone call saved his life.

Wow.

I remember never seeing McCallum again after that play. I also remember thinking that he probably played his last game.
Was such a head's up thing by Norton to realize how bad the guy was hurt, and not move at all. It had to be horrible to have that guy on top of him screaming in pain, and all Norton could do was wave for help.

I'll also never forget the commentary on that. "Oh folks, don't look - IF YOU DON'T WANT TO SEE THIS".

Unhappy triad.
Joe Theisman's injury on Monday Night was still the worst I've ever seen. Lawrence Taylor hit him and that leg bent in a way that was just sickening.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Joe Theisman's injury on Monday Night was still the worst I've ever seen. Lawrence Taylor hit him and that leg bent in a way that was just sickening.

Agreed. Though McCallum's is right there too.
Originally posted by RDB4216:
Was such a head's up thing by Norton to realize how bad the guy was hurt, and not move at all. It had to be horrible to have that guy on top of him screaming in pain, and all Norton could do was wave for help.

I'll also never forget the commentary on that. "Oh folks, don't look - IF YOU DON'T WANT TO SEE THIS".

Ken Norton jr part of two horrible injuries that i can remember.

McCallum and B.Young
[ Edited by redrathman on Nov 24, 2009 at 1:32 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone