There are 115 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Drew Brees' Mother death ruled suicide.

Article states their relationship has been strained for years. Deepest condolences regardless because this is the first I've heard of his mother's passing.

I wonder how this will affect his season knowing this but I'm sure he's already pondered that.

Death of Brees' mother was suicide
[ Edited by fortyninerglory on Nov 21, 2009 at 9:57 AM ]
She died in August, so I doubt it'll start affecting his season now.
Originally posted by pantstickle:

He didn't know it was a suicide until now. He said he had a rocky relationship with his mother, so if he thinks she killed herself because of him that might mess with him a little bit
Originally posted by pwilly52:

He didn't know it was a suicide until now. He said he had a rocky relationship with his mother, so if he thinks she killed herself because of him that might mess with him a little bit

They knew it was a suicide, it just wasn't confirmed. It could maybe affect him if it becomes a distraction, but likely he's already dealt with any feelings of guilt.

They knew it was a suicide, it just wasn't confirmed. It could maybe affect him if it becomes a distraction, but likely he's already dealt with any feelings of guilt.

Hmm...you're probably right. Either way, I still feel bad for him
  • luv49rs
  • Hall of Fame
how awful, sorry to hear
Man thats crazy feel sorry for the guy all the money in the world can't replace somebody.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran

Hmm...you're probably right. Either way, I still feel bad for him

No point in speculation.
That was an ugly little article to read, but it's still very sad though.
If you're addicted to prescription drugs, I don't see how they call that suicide.

Damn Micheal Lewis is slow. Can't even keep up with a T.E.
[ Edited by TonyStarks on Nov 22, 2009 at 10:46 AM ]
Wow.

...all this and then he goes off to win the big one? Dude is a warrior.
Damn forgot about this, would have made me root for him even more.
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
If you're addicted to prescription drugs, I don't see how they call that suicide.

Damn Micheal Lewis is slow. Can't even keep up with a T.E.

Well if the dosage was high enough it would probably indicate suicide...you know, if she took 30 pills or something.