LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 333 users in the forums

Speedy Receiver or a Speedy Running Back?

Shop 49ers game tickets
Just wondering about the nfl and different teams and which one would u have or which one do you think makes the bigger impact on a team, a speedy receiver like desean jackson or a mike wallace type or a speedy back like darren sproles or chris johnson, and which one would u rather have on our team?
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 228niner:
Just wondering about the nfl and different teams and which one would u have or which one do you think makes the bigger impact on a team, a speedy receiver like desean jackson or a mike wallace type or a speedy back like darren sproles or chris johnson, and which one would u rather have on our team?

If you're comparing Jackson and Johnson or you're comparing Wallace and Sproles

If you're comparing Reggie Bush and Devin Hester
if you're comparing Willie Parker and Lee Evans

It all depends on who you're comparing.
[ Edited by krizay on Nov 17, 2009 at 4:49 PM ]
i'm just comparing speedy receivers to speedy running backs and i just named some to give an example, just wondering which one (a speedy receiver or rb) would make a bigger impact on a team and which one would u rather have on ur team
  • krizay
  • Veteran
i'm just comparing speedy receivers to speedy running backs and i just named some to give an example, just wondering which one (a speedy receiver or rb) would make a bigger impact on a team and which one would u rather have on ur team

Well if all things are equal. I'd rather have Calvin Johnson type speed WR over a Adrian Peterson. Hell I'd rather have a Steve Smith(Car) over Chris Johnson.

But that's just me. Again all things being equal. Health, age, etc.........
james jett or micheal bennet?

i think i would go james jett. he may have dropped alot of balls but you had to respect him.
Speedy WR b/c even with speed most of the time a RB still has more players to get by. WR in a one on one situation if he has that extra speed he's gonna beat his man and be off to the races. Niners could use both though Gore has broke many long runs this year.
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
I'll take a blocky Olineman over both.
Originally posted by krizay:

A SPEEDY TE is more important than all that.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by krizay:

A SPEEDY TE is more important than all that.

I can honestly say I didn't see this coming.

Well played!
If the speedy back can carry the load, I'll go with the speedy running back because they touch the ball a lot more.

• BobS
  • Veteran
Short term the running back, long term the receiver. Running backs at most have an 8 year shelf life, receivers can go up to 15 years at a high level.
A RB like Johnson catches the ball more than a speedy receiver like Jackson runs the ball, so I'd probably go with Johnson just because he gets more all purpose yards, even though Jackson did have that long run a few weeks back. In general I'd also probably go with a speedy back.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
If the speedy back can carry the load, I'll go with the speedy running back because they touch the ball a lot more.

This
Share 49ersWebzone