There are 91 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Cutler is defended, Smith gets slaughtered

Amazing to listen to ESPN Radio(its the only channel we get in Iceland) they are now defending Cutler, 2 of his ints were not his fault and Jason Smith wants a new rule in the NFL called Share Interceptions. I guess Smith would have 4 ints split on the WR with that stats. I am just amazed at how analyst seem to love Cutler
The same thing that happens here on the WZ.
i never liked interceptions off deflections maybe that could be a different stat
How can anyone defend Cutler after that performance. His turnovers in the red zone alone (which were ALL HIM) are enough to make you want to bench that fool.
I dont remember the exact stat but i think this year Jay Cutler has 5 redzone INTs, and Tom Brady has 5 Redzone INTs in his whole career.
Originally posted by Icelandic49er:
Amazing to listen to ESPN Radio(its the only channel we get in Iceland) they are now defending Cutler, 2 of his ints were not his fault and Jason Smith wants a new rule in the NFL called Share Interceptions. I guess Smith would have 4 ints split on the WR with that stats. I am just amazed at how analyst seem to love Cutler

Originally posted by valrod33:
I dont remember the exact stat but i think this year Jay Cutler has 5 redzone INTs, and Tom Brady has 5 Redzone INTs in his whole career.

he has 9 red zone int's over the last two seasons.....................





Originally posted by Icelandic49er:
Amazing to listen to ESPN Radio(its the only channel we get in Iceland) they are now defending Cutler, 2 of his ints were not his fault and Jason Smith wants a new rule in the NFL called Share Interceptions. I guess Smith would have 4 ints split on the WR with that stats. I am just amazed at how analyst seem to love Cutler



LOL yeah and on ESPN it's not that the niner D stepped up last night, it's that Cutler had a bad night.

Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
Originally posted by valrod33:
I dont remember the exact stat but i think this year Jay Cutler has 5 redzone INTs, and Tom Brady has 5 Redzone INTs in his whole career.

he has 9 red zone int's over the last two seasons.....................






oh wow
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
Originally posted by valrod33:
I dont remember the exact stat but i think this year Jay Cutler has 5 redzone INTs, and Tom Brady has 5 Redzone INTs in his whole career.

he has 9 red zone int's over the last two seasons.....................






oh wow

#2 on that list was Drew Brees w/ 5. i think there was a 3 way tie, i forget who else.

but that's awful on cutlers part.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 17,169
They don't need a new statistic. Stupid ass suggestion.
I think the better analysts and fans know how compare bodies of work vs a game or even a season.

By rule, Alex supporters NEVER want to talk body of work comparisons.

Many experts look at Jay Cutler who never had ANY development issuesl he has been productive since day 1 in the NFL.....no horrible rookie season, no soph slump.

Now; has he elevated his game since entering the NFL. Minimally at best, BUT he could still be a Late Bloomer as well as a Fast starter. It really is not a contradiction. Cutler has a much longer "glimpse" reel than Alex does.

Body of work.......I would take Cutler over Smith everytime
I was also watching the same thing, and one of the anlayst said that we wont make the playoffs with alex at qb
Originally posted by Daniel2778:
I was also watching the same thing, and one of the anlayst said that we wont make the playoffs with alex at qb

I think that's the truth.
Originally posted by teeohh:
i never liked interceptions off deflections maybe that could be a different stat

I agree. I'd like to see some other stat to describe that too.