Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Jay Cutler Is An Effing BUM!!!

Originally posted by pantstickle:
Originally posted by danimal:
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Originally posted by 49erWill:
Half the zone called out the 9ers front office for not making that trade....

Yep, I was one of them. We also stated that Cutler was going to have a bad 1st year. I am not sure anyone wanted to trade for Cutler for the 2009 season only.

I know it can inconvenient to leave out all the facts sometimes

Why and based on what exactly? I just think you're trying to cover yourself.

You don't trade 2 first round picks for a guy who you don't expect to make an impact from day 1. That is foolish.

If you want a QB who is likely to have a bad 1st year, draft him.

I'm sure most Bears fans would like a refund.

-9fA

LOL. What a ridiculous idea. Man, do you have any forward thinking at all.

Look at it like this. The Bears DRAFTED their shot at a Franchise QB. How is that any different then drafting any QB.

What did the Niners get from Alex Smith, their 1.1 pick in 2005? Garbage. Are you now going to tell me the Niners were stupid to draft someone would provided no value in his 1st year? Why is it so hard to comprehend that the Bears simply drafted a QB in hopes he becomes their Franchise slinger. They would not be the 1st team in history to spend 2 1st round picks on the QB.....AND in return they did not have to draft a rookie. They got a NFL tested QB. Thats why they had to use the other pick as well.

Whatever. I just think you guys are pathetic, 2 1sts for a QB was a LONG TERM decision. You want to call him a bum after just 1 season with the Bears. Go ahead....and enjoy your crow later.

I prefer to call him a bum for his entire career, not just one year with the Bears.

this
Originally posted by valrod33:

Yep, I was one of them. We also stated that Cutler was going to have a bad 1st year. I am not sure anyone wanted to trade for Cutler for the 2009 season only.

You don't trade 2 first round picks for a guy who you don't expect to make an impact from day 1. That is foolish.

-9fA

Look at it like this. The Bears DRAFTED their shot at a Franchise QB. How is that any different then drafting any QB.

What did the Niners get from Alex Smith, their 1.1 pick in 2005? Garbage. Are you now going to tell me the Niners were stupid to draft someone would provided no value in his 1st year? Why is it so hard to comprehend that the Bears simply drafted a QB in hopes he becomes their Franchise slinger. They would not be the 1st team in history to spend 2 1st round picks on the QB.....AND in return they did not have to draft a rookie. They got a NFL tested QB. Thats why they had to use the other pick as well.

Whatever. I just think you guys are pathetic, 2 1sts for a QB was a LONG TERM decision. You want to call him a bum after just 1 season with the Bears. Go ahead....and enjoy your crow later.

I prefer to call him a bum for his entire career, not just one year with the Bears.

this

Amazing. You mean that showing Alex Smith put up between 2005-2007 that sorry excuse for NFL QB play can be turned around.....but NOT with Jay Cutler.

Got it. Mighty convenient that we all just happen to be Niners fans.

Well yeah...go us then

-9fA

2 1sts for a QB is a long term decision. 1 1st round pick for a QB is ALSO a long term decision, is it not? You're analogies are wrong, there is a BIG difference between the two scenarios. Trading two 1sts for what you think is an established QB is completely different from drafting a QB with just 1 1st round pick.

The Bears could have had their franchise QB with 1 of their 1st rounders. That is my point. And how Cutler is playing on the Bears is almost no better than how a rookie QB might have played.

Am I calling him a bum after his first year? Nope. Am I saying that so far, the Bears got the short end of the stick? Yes.

-9fA

-9fA

this

Amazing. You mean that showing Alex Smith put up between 2005-2007 that sorry excuse for NFL QB play can be turned around.....but NOT with Jay Cutler.

Well yeah...go us then

Jay Cutler has played in 51 f**kin games, he hasnt shown anything other than he can throw the ball really hard to opposing players and lose games week after week. Jay Cutler sucks, period. yet he continues to get chances, that blows my mind, in 3 years he will no longer be a starter in the NFL.

-9fA

2 1sts for a QB is a long term decision. 1 1st round pick for a QB is ALSO a long term decision, is it not? You're analogies are wrong, there is a BIG difference between the two scenarios. Trading two 1sts for what you think is an established QB is completely different from drafting a QB with just 1 1st round pick.

The Bears could have had their franchise QB with 1 of their 1st rounders. That is my point. And how Cutler is playing on the Bears is almost no better than how a rookie QB might have played.

Am I calling him a bum after his first year? Nope. Am I saying that so far, the Bears got the short end of the stick? Yes.

-9fA

I look at it differently then what you do.

I heard a saying once that I really believe. A draft pick is not a positive thing. It is a neutral. The selection may ultimately end up being positive for your team, or negative. But the pick itself is simply a neutral. Now some people think of them as neutrals, some think of them as positives, some even think of them as negatives.

Those who think of draft picks as positives tend to say things like "You traded 2 first rounders!!! R u crazy?"

Neutrals will say "and it only cost 2 picks"

Negatives will say "sweet we dumped to rookie albatrosses on someone else"

The 3 types will never agree on who wins in a trade because they value the picks differently. I think we are just 2 different types so the debate is pretty pointless.

I will end with this.

The 2009 1st pick from the Bears yielded the Broncos LB Robert Ayers.

-9fA

this

Well yeah...go us then

I have no idea what Alex Smith has to do with my opinion that Cutler is a bum.

I heard a saying once that I really believe. A draft pick is not a positive thing. It is a neutral. The selection may ultimately end up being positive for your team, or negative. But the pick itself is simply a neutral. Now some people think of them as neutrals, some think of them as positives, some even think of them as negatives.

Those who think of draft picks as positives tend to say things like "You traded 2 first rounders!!! R u crazy?"

The 3 types will never agree on who wins in a trade because they value the picks differently. I think we are just 2 different types so the debate is pretty pointless.

I will end with this.

But in the same way, aren't trades in a way 'neutral' as well?

What you're essentially hoping for is that a player's past performance from a previous job carries over to his current job given that he's now in a completely different environment - just like college players transitioning to the NFL and yes I understand that the the analogy doesn't 100% hold, but I think you can see my point.

-9fA

I will end with this.

But in the same way, aren't trades in a way 'neutral' as well?

What you're essentially hoping for is that a player's past performance from a previous job carries over to his current job given that he's now in a completely different environment - just like college players transitioning to the NFL and yes I understand that the the analogy doesn't 100% hold, but I think you can see my point.

-9fA

I totally get your point. Hey the Bears took a chance. I really don't think they were pushing for the 2009 Championship, its seems like a long term decision to me. They want a Franchise QB and are going to give Jay lots of slack and time
[ Edited by danimal on Dec 23, 2009 at 3:43 PM ]
He's still a f**king bum.
cats say meow..
I'm wondering where in the thread title or the original post that anyone see's anything about Alex Smith.

I mean I know I started the thread and everything, but am I missing something here?
Originally posted by King49er:
I'm wondering where in the thread title or the original post that anyone see's anything about Alex Smith.

I mean I know I started the thread and everything, but am I missing something here?

thread continuations from a NT topic between Valrod and me. 1,000 apologies.
Originally posted by King49er:

thread continuations from a NT topic between Valrod and me. 1,000 apologies.

this
Lets see what happens next year when Shannahan is running the show.
Originally posted by WheresWaldo:
Lets see what happens next year when Shannahan is running the show.

Shanny's likely going to Washington...

-9fA