There are 153 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

New England Patriots vs. Indianapolis Colts

  • ZRF80
  • Member
  • Posts: 13,551
Listening to all the talk around town, not to mention my own excitement to see this non-Niner epic matchup..............I decided to take a little stroll down memory lane.

Just as the Pats/Indy matchup is justifiably labeled as the "rivalry of the decade", we can all agree that the Niners/Cowboys matchups of the 90s brought just as much excitement and media attention as the Colts/Pats matchups of today do.

I remember how the entire week of Sportscenter was filled with pieces on both teams; how the winner would be fan favorite for Superbowl victor. Even fans that supported other teams would get ready for this epic rivalry.

The last game between the Niners/Cowboys that mattered (both teams being dominant) was in 1997, when the Niners beat Dallas at Candlestick 17-10. Man, I sure do miss the good ole days............
Originally posted by ZRF80:
Listening to all the talk around town, not to mention my own excitement to see this non-Niner epic matchup..............I decided to take a little stroll down memory lane.

Just as the Pats/Indy matchup is justifiably labeled as the "rivalry of the decade", we can all agree that the Niners/Cowboys matchups of the 90s brought just as much excitement and media attention as the Colts/Pats matchups of today do.

I remember how the entire week of Sportscenter was filled with pieces on both teams; how the winner would be fan favorite for Superbowl victor. Even fans that supported other teams would get ready for this epic rivalry.

The last game between the Niners/Cowboys that mattered (both teams being dominant) was in 1997, when the Niners beat Dallas at Candlestick 17-10. Man, I sure do miss the good ole days............

Those were the Good Ole Days. Back then you had the 9ers, the Cowboys, and everyone else just played out their schedule with no real chance. I don't think the Patriots and Colts ever had such a dominant position over the other thirty teams, but it has been close. ESPN and others have been right to hype these games, and I'm planning on watching this week’s edition of the Patriots vs. Colts too.

And yes, I miss them too.
  • BigRon
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 14,778
If I remember right, the Niners and Boys have played each other in 9 NFC Championship games.
Originally posted by BigRon:
If I remember right, the Niners and Boys have played each other in 9 NFC Championship games.
We've played them 7 times in the playoffs, and have only won 2 of those.
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
Originally posted by BigRon:
If I remember right, the Niners and Boys have played each other in 9 NFC Championship games.
We've played them 7 times in the playoffs, and have only won 2 of those.

it's all good. eric davis shut M. Irving and Steve Young connected with Jerry Rice seconds before the halftime ending any hopes the CowDungs may have had. then Steve Young set SB records.
Member Milestone: This is post number 600 for Mike8016.
what a dumb call by Belicheck
maybe the worst call i have ever seen...

what, are they playing online?
Peyton Manning is a QB god.
Originally posted by Mike8016:
what a dumb call by Belicheck

what did he do? man i thought the game was over so i played some video games
Lived up to the hype
instant f**king classic.
Originally posted by teeohh:
Originally posted by Mike8016:
what a dumb call by Belicheck

what did he do? man i thought the game was over so i played some video games

Went for it on 4th.
Originally posted by Chief:
Peyton Manning is a QB god.

He had a bunch of chances and tossed a few INTs himself. At the end of the day they won but he got kind of lucky Beilichik turned into a dumbass and got greedy. He did well and redeemed himself but he almost choked the game away too earlier in the half.
Originally posted by TheNaitch:
Originally posted by teeohh:
Originally posted by Mike8016:
what a dumb call by Belicheck

what did he do? man i thought the game was over so i played some video games

Went for it on 4th.

inside his own 30 yard line no less

=0