Vince Young maybe starting?

Shop 49ers game tickets
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4605172

Report: Young to start vs. Jaguars

Patrick Willis just woke up with a smile
Who do you think wins that game?
Originally posted by teeohh:
Who do you think wins that game?

i want to say the Jags but i dont know this weeks games are gonna be tough to pick
this is a win win situation for the Titans....

if Vince plays well and shows that he can be a competent starter...then GREAT, they have their franchise QB that they spent money on....

but if he struggles and doesn't show he can lead this team for the long hall...they will have a horrible record and can choose to get a QB high in the 1st round...or trade that pick for maybe proven QB in the league (which I doubt would happen...but look at the Cutler situation)

at 0-6 this is better than just throwing Collins out there and have him winning a couple of games while still losing more often....
[ Edited by Afrikan on Oct 29, 2009 at 1:40 PM ]
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
I wouldn't go wishing to play VY in this situation. He's like Vick in that he was successful in streaks, then tapered off. Also don't underestimate the time off he's had to observe, look what Alex Smith did in his first action after a layoff. He was much worse before then VY ever was. I'd much rather face Collins and know what to expect, than face a mobile, hungry, athletic guy who can make 1 or 2 plays to score by himself. All in what amounts to a contract year.
Originally posted by TX9R:
I wouldn't go wishing to play VY in this situation. He's like Vick in that he was successful in streaks, then tapered off. Also don't underestimate the time off he's had to observe, look what Alex Smith did in his first action after a layoff. He was much worse before then VY ever was. I'd much rather face Collins and know what to expect, than face a mobile, hungry, athletic guy who can make 1 or 2 plays to score by himself. All in what amounts to a contract year.

Statistically they were about dead even but I do agree that we shouldnt sleep on Young becoming a better QB.
Share 49ersWebzone