LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 273 users in the forums

All rookies struggle,

Shop 49ers game tickets
Michael Oher got beat like a red headed step child by Jared Allen. So even if the niners drafted Oher, he probably would surrendered more sacks than our OT;s we have, since defenses do not fear the arm of shaun hill as much as Joe Flacco's.

Let hope Crabtree can perform, and this will in turn make us forget about Oher, and will make our OL look better.
Originally posted by 9erred:
Michael Oher got beat like a red headed step child by Jared Allen. So even if the niners drafted Oher, he probably would surrendered more sacks than our OT;s we have, since defenses do not fear the arm of shaun hill as much as Joe Flacco's.

Let hope Crabtree can perform, and this will in turn make us forget about Oher, and will make our OL look better.

Oher has been outstanding this season

Jared Allen is a BEAST, no one can stop him...Oher has been having a solid season..we are allowing sacks to nobodies
[ Edited by BirdmanJr on Oct 22, 2009 at 11:55 AM ]
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:

Jared Allen is a BEAST, no one can stop him...Oher has been having a solid season..we are allowing sacks to nobodies

. . . yet we held Allen to one sack and that came in the first series. . . .
So what's the point of this thread? Of course rookies struggle
I don't think anybody questions the Crabtree pick. On our end, that was a blessing to have the #1 WR, and probably the #1 player overall drop to us.

But as for our offensive line, there isn't one player that's doing poorly. The entire line is doing poorly.
crabtree won't struggle he is a beast and has already trained against NFL corners like pacman jones.
  • dald1
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:

and then how did he do? exactly.
Not all rookies struggle. Matt Ryan did pretty well last year and Gore, Fitzgerald, and Boldin, and Moss did well their first year. You never know.

From the interviews I have read from MM and others, Crabtree seems like a gamer and very hard worker. He might have a shot.
he's starting for a REASON.. i hope he makes an impact right away

I wouldn't say ALL, NEVER, or ALWAYS in the NFL. This is a professional sport, there's bound to be someone or something that's an exception to the rule
Very true most rookies take their bumps and bruises. But some Rookies make their mistakes less obvious and their good plays outshine their bad plays. We all know Coffee looked great in the preseason but now a lot of people don't think he does. I mainly blame it on the offensive line though. Hopefully Crabtree's presence alone can help the Niners stretch most defenses and I'm crossing my fingers that we'll see few mistakes from him. I can't wait for sunday.
Originally posted by Wubbie:
I don't think anybody questions the Crabtree pick. On our end, that was a blessing to have the #1 WR, and probably the #1 player overall drop to us.

But as for our offensive line, there isn't one player that's doing poorly. The entire line is doing poorly.

Minus Joe Staley.
Originally posted by dald1:
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:

and then how did he do? exactly.

Jared Allen is on pace to be the NFL defenisve MVP this year. He really is a beast and he's been manhandling everybody. So I wouldn't fault Oher's performance against him. As for Oher, he looks like he's going to be a real special player too, and keep in mind that he's been playing RT until last week when they moved him to LT.
Originally posted by BasharCali49:
Very true most rookies take their bumps and bruises. But some Rookies make their mistakes less obvious and their good plays outshine their bad plays. We all know Coffee looked great in the preseason but now a lot of people don't think he does. I mainly blame it on the offensive line though. Hopefully Crabtree's presence alone can help the Niners stretch most defenses and I'm crossing my fingers that we'll see few mistakes from him. I can't wait for sunday.

Dude Coffee just plain sucks

Gore has 241 yards on 39 carries

Coffee has 183 yards on 71 carries

same offensive line
Share 49ersWebzone