There are 232 users in the forums

Finally, there is a New Best QB in the NFL

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by danimal:
LOL, Brady just threw 6 TD's......ha...I am sure there is a by law somewhere...you can't throw 6 TD's and be dethroned in the same week

unless you've sucked nuts the previous 5 weeks.
  • dj43
Originally posted by nvninerfan1:
Originally posted by dj43:
eh, Brees has small hands.

They seem to be large enough to get the ball to his receivers without taking sacks or throwing alot of interceptions.

He's everything that typical scouts and GMs don't look for in a QB, but hey he certainly gets the job done.

I'll bet you that the Chargers would opt back into Brees and Turner, versus Rivers and LT right now.

...that was just my attempt at humor in recognizing the "small hands" story about Alex Smith three years ago...

Brees is a very good QB playing for a very bright offensive-minded HC who has built a sytem to match the talent of the players on the team. Not to take anything away from him but just look at Kyle Orton in Denver. He was very mediocre with the defensive-minded Bears but doing very well with an offensive-minded HC in Denver. There is a pattern here.
Originally posted by krizay:
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Nothing against Brees but until it's proven in the post season Peyton Manning and Tom Brady will continue to be alone at the top.

Brees' defense is what has stopped him before. Defense is the reason Brady has as many superbowls as he does. Manning's defense is the reason he only has one Superbowl. If Manning had a top 15 defense year in and year out. Oh Boy the Lombardi trophies he woulda racked up.

I have a hard time putting anyone ahead of Peyton. Including Joe Cool himself.

Football is the ultimate team sport. I don't know why so many people think these QBs are out there playing by themselves, on offense and defense.
Originally posted by j3xperience:
Originally posted by 9erfan4life:
Win at least 2 Super Bowls

Last gen 80-90’s
Joe Montana
Troy Aikman
John Elway

This gen
Tom Brady
Ben Rothlesburger

so youre saying steve young is not a good qb because he did not win 2 superbowls.

And where would you rate Dan Marino per say?
Peyton is one of my top 5 QB's. dude is so fun to watch
Originally posted by Dshearn:
funny thing is bill walsh said that brees was the franchise qb the 49ers must go after in the draft.

even when brees was having growning pains...walsh stuck by his pre draft perdictions about brees

I can has Walsh back please?
This man is the real deal.
Originally posted by zillabeast:
This man is the real deal.

lets see him win a super bowl

Peyton Manning and Tom Brady are still better than Drew Brees
Brees is terrible
Sean Payton is the best offensive playcaller in the NFL.

Manning
Brees
Brady
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Nothing against Brees but until it's proven in the post season Peyton Manning and Tom Brady will continue to be alone at the top.

This

That's a stupid way to judge a QB. It takes more than a great QB to win a SuperBowl. Dan Marino never won one, Big Ben has two. Does that mean Roethlisburger is better than Marino? Hell no. Big Ben has always had a great defense that has always kept that team in a great position to win. Big Ben does his part and is good enough to win, but give a guy like Peyton Manning the type of defenses that Big Ben had when he won his two championships and he'd have 5 championships, minimum.

Drew Brees has been lighting it up the last few years, but Peyton hasn't been far behind and all the things he does ON TOP of lighting it up in the air (like calling his own plays, reading defenses and calling audibles that put them in better positions for success, etc) make Peyton Manning the best QB in the league. Still.
[ Edited by 49erRider on Nov 30, 2009 at 9:56 PM ]
Originally posted by 49erRider:

That's a stupid way to judge a QB. It takes more than a great QB to win a SuperBowl. Dan Marino never won one, Big Ben has two. Does that mean Roethlisburger is better than Marino? Hell no. Big Ben has always had a great defense that has always kept that team in a great position to win. Big Ben does his part and is good enough to win, but give a guy like Peyton Manning the type of defenses that Big Ben had when he won his two championships and he'd have 5 championships, minimum.

Drew Brees has been lighting it up the last few years, but Peyton hasn't been far behind and all the things he does ON TOP of lighting it up in the air (like calling his own plays, reading defenses and calling audibles that put them in better positions for success, etc) make Peyton Manning the best QB in the league. Still.

This.
I needed Brees to have 300 yards passing and 4 TD's for me to tie my opponent in fantasy this week. But Brees did not do that. Instead he put up 371 yards and 5 TDs.

DREW BREES IS THE MAN!!!

The guy I was playing is irate. He cannot believe it. haha.
Share 49ersWebzone