There are 197 users in the forums

Finally, there is a New Best QB in the NFL

Shop 49ers game tickets
Saints fan can be proud of the most productive QB in the league over the last 3 years. Drew Brees is flat out hot and has the Saints streaking toward the playoffs. Can he Finally bring a Super Bowl trophy to New Orleans?

http://gsn.gridironsource.com/_QB-DREW-BREES-IN-STROBE/video/818133/32256.html
funny thing is bill walsh said that brees was the franchise qb the 49ers must go after in the draft.

even when brees was having growning pains...walsh stuck by his pre draft perdictions about brees
f**k Drew Brees and the saints
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Hey man you got a little somethin on your cheek, oh damn sorry.
Nothing against Brees but until it's proven in the post season Peyton Manning and Tom Brady will continue to be alone at the top.
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Nothing against Brees but until it's proven in the post season Peyton Manning and Tom Brady will continue to be alone at the top.

This
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Win at least 2 Super Bowls

Last gen 80-90’s
Joe Montana
Troy Aikman
John Elway

This gen
Tom Brady
Ben Rothlesburger
  • krizay
  • Veteran

Brees' defense is what has stopped him before. Defense is the reason Brady has as many superbowls as he does. Manning's defense is the reason he only has one Superbowl. If Manning had a top 15 defense year in and year out. Oh Boy the Lombardi trophies he woulda racked up.

I have a hard time putting anyone ahead of Peyton. Including Joe Cool himself.

he is right

I wasn't looking at his neck, man.

Brees may not have won a Super Bowl yet, but it's looking like he's going to have a good shot at it this season. If the Saints can keep playing like they are, the defense keeps playing well (the group that has always held them back), and if they can avoid the injury bug, then they are going to be the heavy NFC favorite.
Originally posted by krizay:

Brees' defense is what has stopped him before. Defense is the reason Brady has as many superbowls as he does. Manning's defense is the reason he only has one Superbowl. If Manning had a top 15 defense year in and year out. Oh Boy the Lombardi trophies he woulda racked up.

I have a hard time putting anyone ahead of Peyton. Including Joe Cool himself.

True but like you said Manning has a lame duck defense, but even with that he still had success in the post season. He went to the bowl once the defense played a lot better, but he still was going to the playoffs with a lackluster defense. Brees didn't lead them to the playoffs last year. Joe is my all time qb but I think Brady and Manning will have strong cases when they are done.
i thought this was gonna be about shaun hill
Brees is way more likable to me than Manning and especially Brady. Major props to him if he can keep these numbers up and surpasses those two.
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
i thought this was gonna be about shaun hill

Everyone knows that defense wins championships. Peyton Manning is one of the greatest QB's to ever lace up a pair of cleats, but he never had much of a defense until recently.

It took a Reggie White before Brett Farve celebrated his first championship.

NFL pundits have overlooked Niner defenses for years during the Championship run. It was always about Joe and Jerry. Fred Dean, Ronnie Lott, Keena Turner and Michael Carter deserve equal amounts of love -- but never get it.

A flashy QB will get you to the post-season. But it's the defense that brings home the trophy.
Share 49ersWebzone