LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 206 users in the forums

Allen Rossum signed by the Cowboys

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
lmao, we're not f**ked, Sheets wasnt gonna see the field anyway, we have Gore, Coffee and Robinson ahead of him, and yes there better than Sheets.

Im a little puzzled behind the Rossum cut, why, he had 1 bad game and we bench him for 2 games, and then release him, wtf Sing.

Im more upset about the Rossum cut then losing Sheets.

Equally surprised at the Rossum benching and subsequent release. Singletary really resembles his mentor Mike Nolan with this move.
Yeah after our recent debacle on Special Teams, the last thing that i expected was to see Rossum cut. If anything, i expected to him to suit up against Houston.

Oh well.

-9fA
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
No clue as to why the f**k we released Rossum

Me either. He is better than what we have on the squad. Maybe crabtree? Don't know. Jeff U and Micheal Robinson made the team because of special teams play. Both of them are below average in their positions and Jeff U might be gone for good now.

Its been a strange week.
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Yeah after our recent debacle on Special Teams, the last thing that i expected was to see Rossum cut. If anything, i expected to him to suit up against Houston.

Oh well.

-9fA

word
If he was so horrible why was he unemployed for less then 24 hours?
Regardless of his latest numbers Rossum was the most explosive return guy the niners have had in a while. Whenever he was back there there was always that feeling that he might break one. I don't get the same excitement with battle or walker.
2012 is now
Originally posted by LBCniner:
LOL wow come on, were fked because we got rid of our special teams KR? lmao the team doesnt rely on special teams, we rely on offense and defense, but i wish we coulda kept sheets. people forget we have micheal spurlock and nate who can also return kicks

Good Special Teams play can GREATLY impact the outcome of a game, and Rossum was an impact player. I'm very confused as to why we released HIM when we've got unlimited WR's on an offense that's built to run the ball. There just has to be more to this story we're not aware of yet, if not this was just a stupid move.
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Sheets, now this.. 0-16 here we come! f**k, might as well sign JTO.
We just gave the Cowboys another Super Bowl

• SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
lmao, we're not f**ked, Sheets wasnt gonna see the field anyway, we have Gore, Coffee and Robinson ahead of him, and yes there better than Sheets.

Im a little puzzled behind the Rossum cut, why, he had 1 bad game and we bench him for 2 games, and then release him, wtf Sing.

You of all people should know how hard it is to return kicks. Mr fair catch.

Yeah the Rossum thing is weird to me I would like an explanation.

True about Rossum And I thought I was the only person who really could careless about losing Sheets
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:

Because Rossum isn't very good. All he he can do is return kicks and he sucked at it this year.

he returned kicks for 3 games..... One broke for a TD that was called back due to a push in the back. I'm too lazy to look for his averages, but i'm sure they're above NFL kick return averages.
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:

Because Rossum isn't very good. All he he can do is return kicks and he sucked at it this year.

he returned kicks for 3 games..... One broke for a TD that was called back due to a push in the back. I'm too lazy to look for his averages, but i'm sure they're above NFL kick return averages.

• GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ramanz16:
Originally posted by LBCniner:
LOL wow come on, were fked because we got rid of our special teams KR? lmao the team doesnt rely on special teams, we rely on offense and defense, but i wish we coulda kept sheets. people forget we have micheal spurlock and nate who can also return kicks

Good Special Teams play can GREATLY impact the outcome of a game, and Rossum was an impact player. I'm very confused as to why we released HIM when we've got unlimited WR's on an offense that's built to run the ball. There just has to be more to this story we're not aware of yet, if not this was just a stupid move.

It was good special teams play on the field goal against MN that kept us in the game.
Share 49ersWebzone