LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 288 users in the forums

Trade for Julius Peppers

Shop 49ers game tickets
The guy is disgruntled and wants out of Carolina. He'll come with a hefty contract and a 2nd but I'm all for the Freddy Dean like trade. We need a force in the pass rush. Our defense would be scary. I know he plays in a 4-3 so just take off his leash and sick him on the QB. 6'6' 285 and skills. I think it's possible to get him too.
before all that we still need a QB
Im more for trading for the Atlanta O line..
Originally posted by JeuSF49:

This. I know QB is the sexy pick, but not a lotta QBs are gonna be that sexy behind this porous pass coverage.
Originally posted by doodle:

This. I know QB is the sexy pick, but not a lotta QBs are gonna be that sexy behind this porous pass coverage.

I understand our line is weak but I also understand that trading for a top flight lineman at this point in the season is probably out of the question, not to mention the fact that a lineman can't just step in and play well out of the blue. We'll have to cut and paste and find a combo that won't get Hill killed. However, a pass rusher like Peppers would cause havok and turnovers.

We have Crabs coming in and the bi week. I think the rest is good but what can't be mended is a mediocre pass rush.
I agree with trading for Peppers. He could make a huge difference this year. We need to do something to make this a "special season" like coach Sing wants it to be.......
Before the season started I wanted Peppers too; however, what has Peppers done this year? I think he hasn't been very effective.

I haven't watched any of the Panthers games, but I did hear some commentation and they were not impressed with Peppers.

He is getting up there in age and will come with a hefty contract.

I don't know if this would be a good move.
Originally posted by doodle:

I understand our line is weak but I also understand that trading for a top flight lineman at this point in the season is probably out of the question, not to mention the fact that a lineman can't just step in and play well out of the blue. We'll have to cut and paste and find a combo that won't get Hill killed. However, a pass rusher like Peppers would cause havok and turnovers.

We have Crabs coming in and the bi week. I think the rest is good but what can't be mended is a mediocre pass rush.
Share 49ersWebzone