LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 231 users in the forums

sanchez to edwards.....get use to it

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by boomer49er:
What I saw on Sanchez coming out was that his throwing motion was elongated and he took too long getting the ball out. He also wasn't forced to read defenses because he often went to his initial read, and nearly as often the read was designed into the play, the play would call for him to rollout cutting the field in half and giving him basically one read to make. On top of all that he wasn't nearly as accurate as his statline made it seem. The receiver was almost always forced to adjust to the ball.

What I saw yesterday were those same things, just this time they didn't work out because there wasn't a vast difference in ability between the two teams.

I said that Sanchez needed two years before he would be ready to start. He has been progessivly getting worse as this year goes on, mainly due to the gape tape that NFL DCs are getting their hands on. At this point you are risking his confidence and any chance he may have had at being a legit NFL QB, plus in NY it's not going to take him long to go from Sanchize to Scrubchize. And if the NY fans/media turn on him, he'll never make it in NY.

This can't be understated. Remember the coach went from "Mangenious" COY to unemployed in 2 years. Personally, there's nothing that made me think he'd be anything special, but they could have given him a better chance by not throwing him in there in Game 1.
Originally posted by YourHuckleberry:
Originally posted by dobophile:
Ah, so Pete Carroll was right.

He always is! He always is...

How so? Sanchez is still having a better than average 1st rounder rookie campaign
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by danimal:

How so? Sanchez is still having a better than average 1st rounder rookie campaign

He had one good game, a few mediocre ones, and then just terrible (and in the wrong order to show progress). All this while having a very good line, running game and defense, and now a legit #1 WR. That's more than Flacco had last year. If ever someone was put in a position to succeed, it was Sanchez.
Sanchez to the opposing defense...get use to it
called it i dont remember which thread i put it in but i said after his first mistake int fumble etc he is gonna implode
"The Sanchize"

How is under 200 yards per game.....barely 50% completion.......twice as many ints as tds.........and a rating under 60 better than average?

How is under 200 yards per game.....barely 50% completion.......twice as many ints as tds.........and a rating under 60 better than average?

Sounds about like Brett Farve last season on the same team......

Farve was raining Interceptions on that team...

So a 22 year old so- Cal kid Came apart in his First high wind cold weather game(37deg 10-17 mph wind gust to 24) ...4 out of the 6 ints that game all came going in to the wind....so yea....

Not exactly shocking news that he could not stem the tide and turn it around, He is what he is....a HIGHLY gifted QB that is lacking in real world Experience.
Originally posted by Dshearn:

Sounds about like Brett Farve last season on the same team......

Farve was raining Interceptions on that team...

So a 22 year old so- Cal kid Came apart in his First high wind cold weather game(37deg 10-17 mph wind gust to 24) ...4 out of the 6 ints that game all came going in to the wind....so yea....

Not exactly shocking news that he could not stem the tide and turn it around, He is what he is....a HIGHLY gifted QB that is lacking in real world Experience.

You seriously need to go back and check out the numbers your referencing from Favre. At this point last season Favre had 13 tds and 6 ints, so he had over twice as many tds as ints, Sanchez has twice as many ints as tds. Also at no point in the season did Favre had more ints than tds, including the time at the end of the season when he was playing with a torn bicep. And if it's the same team, was Favre throwing to Edwards?

The fact is that he is getting worse each week.
obviously i am talking about the end of last season for farve since fave threw bunches of tds early last year before the offense broke down.

i expect sanchez will recover....he might not end up say...an A.Rodgers but i bet he is light years ahead of A.Smith

obviously i am talking about the end of last season for farve since fave threw bunches of tds early last year before the offense broke down.

i expect sanchez will recover....he might not end up say...an A.Rodgers but i bet he is light years ahead of A.Smith

dude smith came on the most talentless team in the world sanchez has a pretty damn good team i mean they did trade up like what 17 spots or something
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

dude smith came on the most talentless team in the world sanchez has a pretty damn good team i mean they did trade up like what 17 spots or something

omg....an alexcuse...some how found its way in to this thread.....

(yes yes...we know...and yet some how tim Rattay and Ken dorsey still made more sense at QB then Alex Smith did that year)
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

omg....an alexcuse...some how found its way in to this thread.....

(yes yes...we know...and yet some how tim Rattay and Ken dorsey still made more sense at QB then Alex Smith did that year)

We'll see what he's made up by the way he bounces back. Heck even Peyton Manning threw 5 ints in a single game.
Share 49ersWebzone