Originally posted by boomer49er:
This is the Sanchez I saw on film.

lol, way to say that after a bad performance
I wish we were playing them
Originally posted by crzy:

I guess you didn't read the 400 comments I made on this leading up to the draft?

And it's not been a bad performance.....it's been a month of bad performances.
[ Edited by boomer49er on Oct 18, 2009 at 8:15 PM ]

I guess you didn't read the 400 comments I made on this leading up to the draft?

Yup boomer did say that, and I agreed, so did a lot of people
Originally posted by Method:
LOLOL. Sanchez sucking BALLSSSS

I think I will start using whatever defense he is playing for fantasy football
6 games- 5TDs/10INTs

Sanchez to DBs..... get used to it.

Another thing we'll hopefully get used to: Sanchez to the other team
I'm so glad this team is falling apart.

I initially was kinda rooting for Sanchez and the Jets, but after the whole Crabtree thing and Rex Ryan acting like an arrogant jackass...I couldn't be happier.
Originally posted by YourHuckleberry:
I'm so glad this team is falling apart.

I initially was kinda rooting for Sanchez and the Jets, but after the whole Crabtree thing and Rex Ryan acting like an arrogant jackass...I couldn't be happier.

this....

i have no problem with sanchez or edwards....

i cant stand rex ryan....

• TX9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by solidg2000:

Count me in that group. Where are all the people crowning him after the 1st 2 games? What a surprise, after getting some film DCs figured out he stares down his receivers and his throwing motion isn't all that quick. Much like I've been saying about Bradford, Sanchez spent his college career throwing to wide open guys under no pressure. You don't get that in the NFL.
Originally posted by TX9R:

Count me in that group. Where are all the people crowning him after the 1st 2 games? What a surprise, after getting some film DCs figured out he stares down his receivers and his throwing motion isn't all that quick. Much like I've been saying about Bradford, Sanchez spent his college career throwing to wide open guys under no pressure. You don't get that in the NFL.

So where's the best bet to find a QB? Joe Flacco and Matt Ryan are damn awesome as 2nd year players and they didn't play for the best teams in college.

Delaware and BC probably hovered around .500 during their careers there.
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
Originally posted by TX9R:

So where's the best bet to find a QB? Joe Flacco and Matt Ryan are damn awesome as 2nd year players and they didn't play for the best teams in college.

Delaware and BC probably hovered around .500 during their careers there.

There is no best bet school-wise, but you have to be leery of guys on teams surrounded by talent because they look better than they may be. Plus the two guys you mentioned had a long body of work with various talent around them. Flacco is not the norm coming from such a small school, he is a surprise. Ryan played in big games, bowl games and in a major conference. Those are good indicators, but there is nothing sure fire. To me I always look at guys that come from not so super powers, that take their program farther than they normally would go, and that it's because of their play. Like Ryan, Cutler, Rothelisberger, Rivers, guys like that. It's one reason I like Nate Davis also.
What I saw on Sanchez coming out was that his throwing motion was elongated and he took too long getting the ball out. He also wasn't forced to read defenses because he often went to his initial read, and nearly as often the read was designed into the play, the play would call for him to rollout cutting the field in half and giving him basically one read to make. On top of all that he wasn't nearly as accurate as his statline made it seem. The receiver was almost always forced to adjust to the ball.

What I saw yesterday were those same things, just this time they didn't work out because there wasn't a vast difference in ability between the two teams.

I said that Sanchez needed two years before he would be ready to start. He has been progessivly getting worse as this year goes on, mainly due to the gape tape that NFL DCs are getting their hands on. At this point you are risking his confidence and any chance he may have had at being a legit NFL QB, plus in NY it's not going to take him long to go from Sanchize to Scrubchize. And if the NY fans/media turn on him, he'll never make it in NY.
Originally posted by dobophile:
Ah, so Pete Carroll was right.

He always is! He always is...
Share 49ersWebzone