LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 223 users in the forums

For the Peppers Homers

Shop 49ers game tickets
Quote:
Beason calls out Peppers

Posted by ESPN.com’s Pat Yasinskas

Here’s a rather unique story out of Charlotte, where Carolina linebacker Jon Beason said he’s going to have a talk with teammate Julius Peppers about the defensive end’s slow start.

The interesting thing is Beason hadn’t had that talk with Peppers yet when he announced his intentions on Charlotte radio station WFNZ. Beason said the talk would be brief and to the point and he also mentioned the word “intensity.’’

That’s a term that has often come up when it comes to Peppers, who has recorded just one sack this season while collecting more than $1 million per game. Beason has good intentions and this tact could work.

The last person to call out Peppers publicly was Panthers owner Jerry Richardson in training camp before the 2007 season. Richardson said it was time for Peppers to step up and be a leader. Peppers promptly disappeared and posted 2.5 sacks that season.

Then again, calling Peppers out might not hurt. It’s not like he can make less of an impact than he has in the first three games of this season.

Link from ESPN

I don't get why people want Peppers so bad, he's either hot or cold but usually cold. For the money he would want and the complete lack of production by him, I would be pist if we brought him here. When and If he hits the FA market I hope we stay away from him!!
maybe he doesn't care because he didn't want to get tagged
yea, i dun gettit either. He's getting up there in age and hasn't really done anything lately.
Demarcus Ware has no sacks. Ed Reed has no picks. This happens all the time. People need to stop with the this season is all that matters, and I can't remember what happened last year attitude.

Julius Peppers has had 10+ sacks in 4 of the last 5 seasons. He's usually cold? Right.

[ Edited by tjd808185 on Oct 9, 2009 at 10:08:44 ]
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
never wanted him, he's not a 3-4 LB as I screamed all along. Addressing his past, most of that was done when he had damn good guys around him all over the line, now it's just him. Look at how Kris Jenkins has looked in NY. he had a good year last year but his sacks came in bunches, usually against lousy team. He's not a high motor guy.
Originally posted by teeohh:

that is the case, he really wanted out of Carolina because they wouldn't give him a big contract and he also had problems with the DC because he wanted to do more just line up in the same position and rush the passer (who can blame him, he's 6'7 280 and runs a 4.5).

So the new DC promised to use him in more creative ways, which hasn't happened this year, he would be a beast in the 3-4.

He just doesn't care right now.

[ Edited by TheG0RE49er on Oct 9, 2009 at 12:02:39 ]
Originally posted by TheG0RE49er:
Originally posted by teeohh:

that is the case, he really wanted out of Carolina because they wouldn't give him a big contract and he also had problems with the DC because he wanted to do more just line up in the same position and rush the passer (who can blame him, he's 6'7 280 and runs a 4.5).

So the new DC promised to use him in more creative ways, which hasn't happened this year, he would be a beast in the 3-4.

He just doesn't care right now.

Sing can make him care
who the f**k is jon beason to call out julius peppers !?
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Demarcus Ware has no sacks. Ed Reed has no picks. This happens all the time. People need to stop with the this season is all that matters, and I can't remember what happened last year attitude.

Julius Peppers has had 10+ sacks in 4 of the last 5 seasons. He's usually cold? Right.

Check out his TT stats, last year he was ranked 233rd overall 29th for DL, year before 340th overall 76th for DL. If we would be paying around $10mill+ a year for a player I would hope he would contribute more then that.

For instance....Ware was ranked 71st overall for TT in '08 and 79th overall in '07.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by YuNGaCE:
who the f**k is jon beason to call out julius peppers !?

The second best linebacker in the NFC, that's who he is. And the leader of the Panthers defense, their captain.

He is their Willis.

[ Edited by crzy on Oct 9, 2009 at 12:18:03 ]

• crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by jreff22:

Check out his TT stats, last year he was ranked 233rd overall 29th for DL, year before 340th overall 76th for DL. If we would be paying around $10mill+ a year for a player I would hope he would contribute more then that.

For instance....Ware was ranked 71st overall for TT in '08 and 79th overall in '07.

What is TT?
Originally posted by crzy:

What is TT?

Total Tackles

What is TT?

total tackles perhaps?
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame

What is TT?

Total Tackles

Total tackles for a defensive lineman.....is a fairly irrelevant statistic. I think Marques Douglas led the NFL in tackles a couple of seasons ago, and nobody in their right minds would take Douglas over Peppers.

What is TT?

total tackles?
Share 49ersWebzone