LISTEN: What's Stopping The 49ers From A Super Bow Run? →

There are 83 users in the forums

Braylon Edwards traded to the Jets

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by KRS-1:
From Schefter's twitter

Quote:
Trade terms: Braylon Edwards for Chansi Stuckey, Jason Trusnik and two picks thought to be a 3rd and 5th-round pick.

Wow....seemingly the Browns got the ass end of the deal. Only time will tell but seriously ?

I think Mangini had both of those guys. He probably knows more about them and their abilities than we do.

So while it seems lopsided to us, it may be beneficial to them. (Although I think it was a bad trade)
a 3rd and a 5th and a few crappy players for an overhyped receiver with bad hands. i just hope they have enough picks to surrender due to tampering and this wasnt a trade they made just to be safe not to lose anything. when we tampered we lost a fth and switched 3rds but we didnt keep them from signing a 10th over all pick. they still have a 1st and 2nd to lose
Seriously, does anybody else find it shady that the Jets traded for Braylon Edwards just hours after Crabtree went off the table?

-Maybe the Jets know they're going to get burned by Goodell (for tampering) so they got this deal done ASAP before facing whichever punishment awaits them towards March.
Mangini is still employed by the Jets.

maybe the Browns are the 2nd team that tampered.
I reckon this trade is in the Jets favor but only slightly.

Edwards is probably one of the most hyped players in this league though. I absolutely hate the Jets right now even though we did sign Crabtree.

Yes, the timing to me is a little suspicious.

-9fA
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
I reckon this trade is in the Jets favor but only slightly.

Edwards is probably one of the most hyped players in this league though. I absolutely hate the Jets right now even though we did sign Crabtree.

Yes, the timing to me is a little suspicious.

-9fA

I agree. I am thinking that the tampering chargers against them turned them off of Crabtree as it should. Crabtree got the news from the Jets that they were no longer interested in his services, so he turned to the 49ers. The Jets turned to the Browns and B. Edwards.
Jets get Sir Drops-A-Lot, hopefully we got Sir Scores-A-Lot
Man, Cleveland is in a whole load of trouble.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by waiting4number6:
Sucks we got trumped and by the Jets no less.

We didn't get trumped. We got the player we wanted and got him to agree to the salary we wanted and even got an extra year out of the whole thing. They traded for a decent WR that has a questionable attitude and bad hands and a big salary.

Hopefully we get their 4th in the tampering thing.

What do you mean we didn't, we did, they got the first beat on the live SportsCenter, and every SC since Edwards not Crabtree was first, at least I'm not surprised we got trumped, but hey.
Ok, here's a question, would you do this trade in your fantasy league?

I think i would, Edwards is not really too useful on the bench.

-9fA

Originally posted by adrenaline:

Mangini is a joke....

this is the NFL....You have to COACH playmakers.....

If you cant DEAL with playmakers....you dont belong in the NFL.

This is the SECOND Pro-bowl Offensive player he has gotten rid of "for the betterment of the team"

who in the world is his young QB going to throw to?

I would bet money the Browns end up in rebuilding HELL thanks to this guy.....

Edwards is a fantastic Pick up for a 3rd and 4th.... He will score TDs and make plays.

You cant plug him in to an offense and have your WR problem solved...but you can expect him to produce.
Originally posted by Dshearn:
Originally posted by adrenaline:

Mangini is a joke....

this is the NFL....You have to COACH playmakers.....

If you cant DEAL with playmakers....you dont belong in the NFL.

This is the SECOND Pro-bowl Offensive player he has gotten rid of "for the betterment of the team"

who in the world is his young QB going to throw to?

I would bet money the Browns end up in rebuilding HELL thanks to this guy.....

Edwards is a fantastic Pick up for a 3rd and 4th.... He will score TDs and make plays.

You cant plug him in to an offense and have your WR problem solved...but you can expect him to produce.

Nobody expects him to produce. You can't produce if you can't catch the ball. He is the spawn of D-Drop
Originally posted by YourHuckleberry:
Originally posted by fanmusclecars:
Cleveland wasn't big enough for King James and Braylon. After last Sunday nights fight Braylon had to go.

LeBron is more powerful than the mayor.

LeBron calling Braylon "childish". negro please. childish is not shaking hands with Magic players after having your arse handed to. or confiscating video tape of a college player from KU dunking on your sorry arse. you're a clown. news flash you're not winning anything as long as Boston Celtics are in the East. Big Shaq is done. Shaq can't fake a funk on a nasty dunk anymore.

Personally what a move by B. Edwards. Cleveland Brown sucks anyways. E. Mangini is flat out a bozo. damn is he still an employee of the Jets? B. Edwards does have a hand of stones so he will need to shake that stigma off in Zoo York. He could not get the Browns more specifically the Management and E. Mangini to trade him out of the sorry state of OHIO so he did the next best thing and had LeBiotch take care of that.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Sucks we got trumped and by the Jets no less.

We didn't get trumped. We got the player we wanted and got him to agree to the salary we wanted and even got an extra year out of the whole thing. They traded for a decent WR that has a questionable attitude and bad hands and a big salary.

Hopefully we get their 4th in the tampering thing.

What do you mean we didn't, we did, they got the first beat on the live SportsCenter, and every SC since Edwards not Crabtree was first, at least I'm not surprised we got trumped, but hey.

So you actually care that he was first on sportscenter? Why? That doesn't mean we got trumped. We got the player we wanted on a longer contract AFTER they tampered with our player, and we might get a pick from them too because of that. They wound up with an overhyped WR that has bad hands and a questionable attitude. Come on man, they didn't do anything better than us. Edwards is okay, but not that great. If they would've gotten Crabtree that would've been trumping us, but we came out of this better than they did. They'll be lucky to have four picks this coming draft.
Originally posted by Negrodamus:
Originally posted by YourHuckleberry:
Originally posted by fanmusclecars:
Cleveland wasn't big enough for King James and Braylon. After last Sunday nights fight Braylon had to go.

LeBron is more powerful than the mayor.

LeBron calling Braylon "childish". negro please. childish is not shaking hands with Magic players after having your arse handed to. or confiscating video tape of a college player from KU dunking on your sorry arse. you're a clown. news flash you're not winning anything as long as Boston Celtics are in the East. Big Shaq is done. Shaq can't fake a funk on a nasty dunk anymore.

Personally what a move by B. Edwards. Cleveland Brown sucks anyways. E. Mangini is flat out a bozo. damn is he still an employee of the Jets? B. Edwards does have a hand of stones so he will need to shake that stigma off in Zoo York. He could not get the Browns more specifically the Management and E. Mangini to trade him out of the sorry state of OHIO so he did the next best thing and had LeBiotch take care of that.

Hater?
Share 49ersWebzone