LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 283 users in the forums

Adrian Wilson Fined 10k for Hit on Vernon Davis

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Stuuk
  • Veteran
According the Pro Football Talk Wilson is facing a one game suspension for his illegal hit on Davis Sunday.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/09/15/adrian-wilson-might-be-facing-a-one-game-suspension/
the NFL is pussifying the sport. A WR going up for a ball and knowing there is a good chance he's about to get the snot knocked out of him should be part of the game. Those are tone setting hits that get the crowd into the game. I understand the whole leading with your helmet thing, but it's getting pretty f**king ridiculous. Especially the s**t they call when the QB is involved.
  • TJA85
  • Veteran
I expected a fine, but a game suspension...?

Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
the NFL is pussifying the sport. A WR going up for a ball and knowing there is a good chance he's about to get the snot knocked out of him should be part of the game. Those are tone setting hits that get the crowd into the game. I understand the whole leading with your helmet thing, but it's getting pretty f**king ridiculous. Especially the s**t they call when the QB is involved.

yep.

Also, that call on MNF was an abomination. (NE getting flagged for hitting the QB as he released.)

Yeah I agree, that hit that Wilfork supposedly put on Edwards low was as ridiculous call. If Hill had gotten hurt like Brady, they wouldn't have done s**t to change the rule. The thing that sucks is the players hate it too.
  • Stuuk
  • Veteran
Or maybe not a suspension...

Schefter just reported:

Quote:
Adam_SchefterNFL will not suspend Cardinals S Adrian Wilson for his hard hit on 49ers TE Vernon Davis, but don't be surprised to see a fine this week.
Originally posted by IWASATTHECATCH:

yep.

Also, that call on MNF was an abomination. (NE getting flagged for hitting the QB as he released.)

that wasn't as bad as the one when he actually got the sack and was called for throwing him to the ground.

• Mex49

Dont like it one bit
its like the NFL is totally forgetting why so many fans love and PAY for this sport in the first place.

Its like when a big DT collapses a pocket and has the QB in his grasp and the punk won't just go down...OK I will slam you down then!

that IS football.
Originally posted by Stuuk:
Or maybe not a suspension...

Schefter just reported:

Quote:
Adam_SchefterNFL will not suspend Cardinals S Adrian Wilson for his hard hit on 49ers TE Vernon Davis, but don't be surprised to see a fine this week.

A suspension? I would've been surprised, not sure if that's too much punishment. But a fine? There'd better be! Wilson's helmet and forearms went straight after Davis' head on that hit.

Adrian Wilson Fined 10 RACKS

So is this like the lowest amount allowed for a player to be fined for a dirty hit?

I don't usually follow how much players get fined... this seems to be a slap on the hand from the NFL though... a 10k fine isn't that big is it?

Has anyone been fined more?

Regardless, I'm glad he was fined...
im glad he was fined..
but 10K is a good amount..if not then too much.
The guy is a repeat offender...he's lucky not to get 10K + a suspension.
  • WestCoastNut
  • Info N/A
Share 49ersWebzone