There are 272 users in the forums

Cardinals Season Opener Blackout Deadline Extended

Shop 49ers game tickets

Wow, they STILL haven't sold out for their home opener!? 1,700 tickets left...This is after a season where they made it to the Superbowl! What is wrong with their fans?

[ Edited by Psinex on Sep 10, 2009 at 16:53:34 ]
  • Esco
  • Hall of Fame
What fans?
Other than the economy, the main problems down in Phoenix is that there's not a lot of real history with the Cardinals (only moved there in 1988) and a large percentage of the NFL fan base there grew up somewhere else, and those people still follow their old-time favorite teams. It also hasn't helped that other than last post-season, the Cardinals have pretty much consistently stunk it up. The net result is that the Cardinals haven't developed much of a fan base and now it shows in their inability to sell tickets.
Originally posted by Psinex:

Wow, they STILL haven't sold out for their home opener!? 1,700 tickets left...This is after a season where they made it to the Superbowl! What is wrong with their fans?

You might want to look at what cities/states got hammered the hardest by the economy, e..g job losses, foreclosures, unemployment rates. Really, in some cases you have to make a decision on critical versus disposable income. This may be a shock to some, but it is a fact.
Originally posted by Esco:
What fans?

they don't live in 'zona because........

I dont care how bad the economy is. if the 9ers played in the superbowl last year we would sell out the stick for sure.
Originally posted by fzrdave:
there's not a lot of real history with the Cardinals (only moved there in 1988) and a large percentage of the NFL fan base there grew up somewhere else, and those people still follow their old-time favorite teams.

So true. However, one of my best friends just got season tickets there this year for the 1st time, even though he's a die-hard Raider fan. I know this an exception, but I can't say I blame him; taking clients to most of the games will help business.
  • NickV
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
Originally posted by Esco:
What fans?

they don't live in 'zona because........

And they have a f**king new stadium.
meh, I have Sunday Ticket
Originally posted by King49er:

If you are in AZ, and they dont sell out, the ticket doesnt cover that game. I wont be able to see it :/

I would buy tix, but I am in the process of moving and need to save the cash for my deposit. If they dont sell out, I will be watching the niners kick the **** out of them from my computer.

Originally posted by King49er:
Originally posted by fzrdave:
Other than the economy, the main problems down in Phoenix is that there's not a lot of real history with the Cardinals (only moved there in 1988) and a large percentage of the NFL fan base there grew up somewhere else, and those people still follow their old-time favorite teams. It also hasn't helped that other than last post-season, the Cardinals have pretty much consistently stunk it up. The net result is that the Cardinals haven't developed much of a fan base and now it shows in their inability to sell tickets.

Yup so true and the majority of fans in the Phoenix area are comboys fan or maybe even the Chargers. They also have bad track record when it comes to winning. I guess a lot of fan don't believe that they are not even gonna go to the playoffs this year.
Share 49ersWebzone