LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 269 users in the forums

Scouring the waiver wire on cut down day....

Shop 49ers game tickets
With the final cuts coming by 1PM, who do you think the Niners should consider adding to their roster? I just saw that the Colts cut Marcus Howard, DE/OLB who was their 5th round pick last year. With the pass rush being almost non-existent, the Niners should be on the lookout for guys like this.
Corey Ivy got cut

wouldnt be bad as a 4th or 5th guy
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
We will sign an OLB and RT.
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Oh wow, final 53 is today?

Where have I been?
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by Chief:
Oh wow, final 53 is today?

Where have I been?

On the internet dating sites.
  • Chief
  • Veteran
http://blogs.nfl.com/tag/roster-cutdown/

A tracker.
Among them, veteran corner Anthony Madison, 2008 third-round defensive end Bruce Davis and running back Carey Davis.

Madison had been with the Steelers three years and was a nickel and dime package corner. Bruce Davis was a third-round selection out of UCLA in 2008.

I think some people on the board wanted us to take davis in the draft... maybe worth a shot
The Denver Broncos had 2 players named Marcus Thomas that they cut...

one is a DT...the other is a RB...

imagine if you were one of them....someone walks up to you like, "hey I heard you were cut"....and you're like "WAAAAAAA".....but then they are like "oops my bad I thought you were the other Marcus Thomas" and you both have a nice laugh....then you get called to the coaches office.
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Among them, veteran corner Anthony Madison, 2008 third-round defensive end Bruce Davis and running back Carey Davis.

Madison had been with the Steelers three years and was a nickel and dime package corner. Bruce Davis was a third-round selection out of UCLA in 2008.

I think some people on the board wanted us to take davis in the draft... maybe worth a shot

Bruce Davis is definitely worth a look. He was a little light coming out, but he was a nice pass rusher in college. It sure can't hurt to look.
Cards cut Leonard Pope, Francisco and Oliver Ross. Ross is an 11 year vet (T) but he is 34 years old.

SANDS!!!!!!

I'd jump on this guy asap .
Raiders just released him but paid him a roster bonus in March of $2M...
Brilliant !
Originally posted by ziggy_gonna_rock:
SANDS!!!!!!

Brilliant !

yeah, only at minimum though

he is very big like 300lbs big
Here's another tracker: http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/transactions
SANDS!!!!!! I'd jump on this guy asap . Raiders just released him but paid him a roster bonus in March of $2M... Brilliant !

isnt his name terd though or something like that? and are we sure adding a dt who got cut from a team that couldnt stop the run all day is really going to help us?

i really think we should get bruce davis, he has some potential.
SANDS!!!!!!

Brilliant !

Hes awful though.
Share 49ersWebzone