LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 271 users in the forums

Does Preseason Matter?

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by rob28:
Originally posted by pwilly52:
By the way, those assumptions are based on what?

why do you?

...Okay?
  • rob28
  • Veteran
Matt Leinart

24/38, 360 YDS, 3 TD oh yeah preseason dont count

Aaron Rodgers

14/19, 258 YDS, 3 TD oh yeah preseason dont count

alex smith

3 of 9 30 yards 1 int

oh yeah preseason dont count

shaun hill

3 of 7 20 yards

Leinhart is/was close to loosing the backup job to St. Pierre. Aaron Rodgers is a great quarter back. Alex Smith is not. Shaun Hill is good enough, and we ran most of the time while they were both playing. You, sir, are a Negative Nancy.

we run cuz we cant pass!!!
Matt Leinart

24/38, 360 YDS, 3 TD oh yeah preseason dont count

Aaron Rodgers

14/19, 258 YDS, 3 TD oh yeah preseason dont count

alex smith

3 of 9 30 yards 1 int

shaun hill

3 of 7 20 yards

Leinhart is/was close to loosing the backup job to St. Pierre. Aaron Rodgers is a great quarter back. Alex Smith is not. Shaun Hill is good enough, and we ran most of the time while they were both playing. You, sir, are a Negative Nancy.

we run cuz we cant pass!!!

And is running the ball bad? Is the only way you can score in football by passing? Will we be fined by the league because run the football more than we pass?
[ Edited by pwilly52 on Aug 29, 2009 at 10:03 AM ]
Originally posted by BobS:
On the flip side of Detroit's 4-0 last year I think Buffalo went 0-4 every preseason before making their 4 straight Super Bowl appearances. Seems like bad teams try hard to win preseason games and good teams just try not to get any key players hurt.

ya even though its hard to do do not base your expectations for a season on preseason games. All the final score means is our backups beat yours. Thats why ive always thought preseason games should be done differently. For example lets see our starters in the second half, where we can see some of our team in real game situations, like coming out of halftime down by a td. I guess it could lead to more injuries or something, but i think it would give a better idea of what our team would look, rather than see them play the first Q
  • rob28
  • Veteran

why do you?

...Okay?

no seriously, how old are you? how long have you been a niner fan?.

i've been a niner fan since i first started watching football at 9 years old(1988).
this franchise had a commitment to winning and being the best in the nfl and since this idiot york took over we've gone down hill since. its an embarrasment to the long time faithfull fans. if your a recent niner fan then its okay to fail year after year apparently but its not ok by me. you and other blind fans cant seriously be satisfied at the current state of this franchise?
[ Edited by rob28 on Aug 29, 2009 at 10:07 AM ]

why do you?

...Okay?

• rob28
  • Veteran

why do you?

...Okay?

i've been a niner fan since i first started watching football at 9 years old(1988).
this franchise had a commitment to winning and being the best in the nfl and since this idiot york took over we've gone down hill since. its an embarrasment to the long time faithfull fans. if your a recent niner fan then its okay to fail year after year apparently but its not ok by me. you and other blind fans cant seriously be satisfied at the current state of this franchise?

pwilly52????
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Preseason doesn't count, teams don't game plan for each other. Preseason is also to test out plays to see if they want to use it later in the season or scrap them.

why do you?

...Okay?

pwilly52????

• crzy
  • Hall of Fame
First team offenses vs First team defenses DO matter in the preseason.

Third team offenses vs third team defenses DON'T matter.

Green Bay's first team offense and defense have dominated. They're probably going to win 11 or 12 games this year.

why do you?

...Okay?

pwilly52????

I'm 16. I was old enough to pay attention to the Niners in 2003. You are lucky. You got to witness superbowls. Me? I got to witness s**tty season after s**tty season, yet I'm still optimistic that we will do better. Yes, failure sucks. It's a shame that our team is bad right now, but oh well. I honestly don't know why your spending your time being so negative if you are a Niner fan. What are you accomplishing?
It's not the score that matters, it's how you play and what you gain.

-9fA
  • NickV
  • Veteran
Originally posted by crzy:
First team offenses vs First team defenses DO matter in the preseason.

Third team offenses vs third team defenses DON'T matter.

Green Bay's first team offense and defense have dominated. They're probably going to win 11 or 12 games this year.
Originally posted by HessianDud:

why do you?

...Okay?

pwilly52????

Share 49ersWebzone