There are 97 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Alex Smith for Tyler Thigpen?

Adam Schefter reported that Tyler Thigpen is on the trading block for a mid-rounder. I like Thigpen and think he can be a quality backup and a solid spot starter -- and can thrive in a run-dominant offense. He's also very mobile and can pick up the third down scramble. He also ran the spread offense in KC last year, performing well in wildcat formations.

After the trade, we'd have Hill at starter, Thigpen as backup, and Nate Davis as the developmental project.

Smith can be developed by Tod Hailey & Co.
[ Edited by nickbradley on Aug 26, 2009 at 6:45 AM ]
Originally posted by nickbradley:
Adam Schefter reported that Tyler Thigpen is on the trading block for a mid-rounder. I like Thigpen and think he can be a quality backup and a solid spot starter -- and can thrive in a run-dominant offense. He's also very mobile and can pick up the third down scramble. He also ran the spread offense in KC last year, performing well in wildcat formations.

After the trade, we'd have Smith at starter, Thigpen as backup, and Nate Davis as the developmental project.

Smith can be developed by Tod Hailey & Co.

So we are going to trade Smith, then start Smith whilst Hailey develops Smith.

Fairly sure the NFL won't allow this!
I don't think so. I don't think Thigpen is really an upgrade over Huard as far as a backup. I don't think we really need to be making any more QB additions this season. If all of our QB's really suck this season then we draft one next year. But to pickup a backup for another backup doesn't make much sense. I think this wildcat crap isn't going to be very successful at all this year.
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by nickbradley:
Adam Schefter reported that Tyler Thigpen is on the trading block for a mid-rounder. I like Thigpen and think he can be a quality backup and a solid spot starter -- and can thrive in a run-dominant offense. He's also very mobile and can pick up the third down scramble. He also ran the spread offense in KC last year, performing well in wildcat formations.

After the trade, we'd have Smith at starter, Thigpen as backup, and Nate Davis as the developmental project.

Smith can be developed by Tod Hailey & Co.

So we are going to trade Smith, then start Smith whilst Hailey develops Smith.

Fairly sure the NFL won't allow this!

Whoops -- I changed that.


Yup. That is Thigpen in the pic.

Anyways, what I have seen from him, the dude is a baller. He shows some skills and I think he did not get enough credit. I would love to have him as a backup. But not if the price was too high.
Originally posted by 9erStorm:


Yup. That is Thigpen in the pic.

Anyways, what I have seen from him, the dude is a baller. He shows some skills and I think he did not get enough credit. I would love to have him as a backup. But not if the price was too high.

That's quite a boner he's got.
The Chiefs aren't stupid. Why trade someone who's better than what you're getting in return?
[ Edited by WheresWaldo on Aug 26, 2009 at 11:28 AM ]
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Originally posted by 9erStorm:


Yup. That is Thigpen in the pic.

Anyways, what I have seen from him, the dude is a baller. He shows some skills and I think he did not get enough credit. I would love to have him as a backup. But not if the price was too high.

That's quite a boner he's got.

Anywho we already have enough former KC QBs on this team.
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Originally posted by 9erStorm:


Yup. That is Thigpen in the pic.

Anyways, what I have seen from him, the dude is a baller. He shows some skills and I think he did not get enough credit. I would love to have him as a backup. But not if the price was too high.

That's quite a boner he's got.


Fixed.



*Expressed written consent is hereby granted to you, C, to use my official smiley. When the situation calls for it, use it. Use it sparingly, but use it wisely.

[ Edited by IWASATTHECATCH on Aug 27, 2009 at 4:35 AM ]
Originally posted by WheresWaldo:
The Chiefs aren't stupid. Why trade someone who's better than what you're getting in return?

Thigpen has a lower ceiling, but is closer to reaching his potential. Alex Smith has a higher ceiling, but is farther away from reaching his potential.

Whoever has the patience to let alex smith develop and give him playbook continuity will see a nice return on their investment.
Id rather have Croyle.
Originally posted by WheresWaldo:
The Chiefs aren't stupid. Why trade someone who's better than what you're getting in return?

exactly




sooooo....the Yankee's are doing well, you must be pretty excited
Anything is possible if you ut your mind to it.

Why would we trade for a backup quarterback from a team that is worse than us? We
really don't have to. Didn't Huard back up Thigpen last year?