LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 314 users in the forums

Will Andy Lee kick into the Video Screen next week in Dallas?

Shop 49ers game tickets

Will Andy Lee kick into the Video Screen next week in Dallas?

Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
Originally posted by linkboy:
That Jones quote just proves he's a bigger idiot then anyone thought.

Oh and I would love to see Lee hit that damn screen and it falls onto the field (obviously not hurting anyone).

That screen is an extension of Jone's ego and I would love to see someone deflate it.

Besides if punters keep hitting it, the league will fix the problem.

don't worry. Willis would catch it.

And take it back for six.
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
Originally posted by Jamespowers:
haha, I was going to post a topic about this, especially since I live in the DFW area and that is all I am hearing. Jerry Jones will be the 2nd coming of Al Davis (his quotes clearing show that is starting). I will be at this game of course and I just hope we win the game. I know its preseason and it does not matter, but I still want the win.

BTW. Lee could hit it if he wanted, he can boom kicks that high.

i hope jones loses his marbles like davis did. that would be awesome to not worry about the cowgirls for decades to come haha

Not to mention they are two of the fugliest owners in NFL history.

Oh and I would love to see Lee hit that damn screen and it falls onto the field (obviously not hurting anyone).

That screen is an extension of Jone's ego and I would love to see someone deflate it.

I hear that one bro, or what could be worst is that it gets hit and the colors get all messed up like it won't show the green or something like that, oh that would be an absolute laugh......

What ever happened to old school football where it didn't matter what kind of fancy stuff the stadium had, it just mattered how badly a team has won by. Just leave the hot dog stand and beer selling man alone though, we don't want to offset nature's balance, laughs....
just penalize jones by making the screen a cowboys eligible player. hit it on a punt and then just catch it
Originally posted by MaliCali:
just penalize jones by making the screen a cowboys eligible player. hit it on a punt and then just catch it

There you go. A plan we can all live with.
He should hit the hell out of that screen. Why not? we got nothing to lose and we can screw the cowboys at the same time. That would be awesome.
haha, I was going to post a topic about this, especially since I live in the DFW area and that is all I am hearing. Jerry Jones will be the 2nd coming of Al Davis (his quotes clearing show that is starting). I will be at this game of course and I just hope we win the game. I know its preseason and it does not matter, but I still want the win.

I don't know how high that screen is and I never really notice how high Andy Lee punts during the games (I'm normally watching the return man's actions instead), but during training camp Andy Lee skyrockets the ball. His punts draw a lot of ooos and ahhhhs, so I'm almost positive he can hit it whenever he wants. I knew somebody was going to hit that damn thing when I first saw it on TV. The screen is massive and beautiful, but it doesn't belong there. I hope the league forces them to raise it and if it can't be raised high enough they need to remove it completely. It's nice to have for the fans, but once it starts interfering with the games it has to go.
  • Esco
  • Hall of Fame
Hopefully we don't have to punt
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Originally posted by 49erRider:

I don't know how high that screen is and I never really notice how high Andy Lee punts during the games (I'm normally watching the return man's actions instead), but during training camp Andy Lee skyrockets the ball. His punts draw a lot of ooos and ahhhhs, so I'm almost positive he can hit it whenever he wants. I knew somebody was going to hit that damn thing when I first saw it on TV. The screen is massive and beautiful, but it doesn't belong there. I hope the league forces them to raise it and if it can't be raised high enough they need to remove it completely. It's nice to have for the fans, but once it starts interfering with the games it has to go.

I think I heard them say the league minimum height for obstructions above the field is 85 feet and that thing is at 90 feet or was it 85/80? Guy on the radio said either way 5 feet to the good is cutting it too close they should have put it higher

Quote:
Update: Mike Periera, the NFL's director of officiating, told The Los Angeles Times that the league will look into the problem this week. The concern is that a punter could intentionally try to hit the video screen in order to run out the clock at the end of a half. When a down is replayed, the clock doesn't reset.

"We haven't talked at all about time being put on the clock," Periera said. "The only thing we've talked about really is the do-over of the play. We've never talked about resetting the clock back to where it was. That's obviously something we're going to have to talk about. And that may be what we arrive at.
I would say that it's a big enough issue that we're going to have to address it with the competition committee here probably sometime this week to figure out what direction we want to go."

Oh and I hope Lee kicks the crap out of it they make him kick it over and he hits it again lol.

[ Edited by 9erfan4life on Aug 26, 2009 at 5:48 AM ]
  • Esco
  • Hall of Fame
http://www.mercurynews.com/49ersheadlines/49ers/ci_13203986?nclick_check=1

49ers punter Andy Lee insisted Tuesday that he would not treat the Dallas Cowboys' video scoreboard like a 2,100-inch bull's-eye.

Really.

Honestly.

"Don't lie. You want to break it," kicker Joe Nedney yelled, eavesdropping on Lee's testimony.

The 49ers play on Saturday at new Cowboys Stadium. In the opener for the $1.2 billion stadium last week, Titans punter A.J. Trapasso boomed a ball off the underside of the gigantic video screen. The ball was ultimately ruled dead and the down was replayed.

The scene irritated Cowboys owner Jerry Jones, who accused Trapasso of goofing around.

"How high is high if somebody wants to sit there and kick straight up?" Jones told reporters.

Still, the speculation is mounting that scoreboard might have to be raised. Currently, the board is 90 feet off the field and stretches from one 20-yard line to the other.

Lee said he saw Trapasso's bank shot last week. But he said the focus will be on the game rather than the implicit double-dare.

"It's something you can't worry about," Lee said. "You have to go out there and not change anything. Otherwise you might start messing things up. I'm trying to get ready for the regular season."

Lee, who made the Pro Bowl in 2007, has a career average of 44.4. He said the only time he ever hit anything was the low roof at the University of Pittsburgh practice facility.

So, really "... he's not tempted at all by the Dallas
Advertisement
scoreboard?

"Maybe in warm-ups," Lee said with a smile.

Originally posted by Carney16:

Well played, gentlemen!

And f**k yes, I hope he does, especially in preseason.
I hope he does kick it. Whatever causes problems in Dallas I'm all for.
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Originally posted by Carney16:

Well played, gentlemen!

And f**k yes, I hope he does, especially in preseason.

Yeah, that one made me lol.
THIS GAME IS WIN WIN FOR US!

If we lose, I'll be rooting for Lee to bust that thing wide open

If we win,...well we win.

I hope he goes all, ''Robert Redford,'' on that screen.
Share 49ersWebzone