Plaxico Burress agrees to 2-year prison term

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
It doesn't matter who you are in NYC.

Illegal gun possession is supposed to be an automatic 3 years

But in reality it does matter
Originally posted by ttime1:
Originally posted by danimal:
I love how people bash the justice system. ALL of the NFL player sentences have made perfect sense to me

Including this one.

Next time your community faces a school or library closing or some other short fall due to budgetary problems, think about the $200,000 it will cost to lock him or any of the many victimless convicts up for 2 years. Then maybe you will realize how senseless and irresponsible the criminal justice system is.

Dude you got me all wrong. I am totally against our legal systems punishment side...I too feel by and large we send far too many people to prison and for far too much time.

I was simply noting about the people who seem perplexed about the comparison of the different NFL cases lately....I am not saying I agree with them, just that I understand why all of them played out the way they did.
Originally posted by Joecool:
How the legal system can be swayed so much by politicians. He's getting two years because the DA was influenced by comments made by the Major, was it? Bulls**t!!

yea ive been saying this is bulls**t for a while. i mean this is basically the same sentence sentence vick got for killing dogs, and this is a 20 times worse than what stallworth got for dui manslaughter, and plax didnt hurt anyone else. these people in ny like that da morganthau or whatever are a bunch douchebags.
2 years for shooting yourself? doesn't that fact that he shot HIMSELF seem like punishment enough? It isn't like he shot someone else.
Originally posted by backontop:
2 years for shooting yourself? doesn't that fact that he shot HIMSELF seem like punishment enough? It isn't like he shot someone else.

HE WAS WEARING SWEATPANTS AT A CLUB
so his career is over right?

I mean even if gets out in 2010, he would have to serve a suspension.....AND pretty old right?
Originally posted by valrod33:

Is that a crime? I am sure that designer Crabtree would have a heart attack about wearing sweatpants at a club but prison for sweatpants and shooting yourself?
Yeah his career is over.

2 years is absolutely ridiculous though.

Is that a crime? I am sure that designer Crabtree would have a heart attack about wearing sweatpants at a club but prison for sweatpants and shooting yourself?

yes

yes

well I don't plan on shooting myself ever so that is out of the question. But I will keep in mind to never wear sweatpants to a club

I think the sentence was excessive
I think we it comes to famous people it would serve the community better if they were given excessive community service to give back to the community and maybe be a positive influence on the younger generation. That only goes for non violent crimes it would make more sense to me than jail time. They are role models even if they don't want to be.
vick did not go to prison for killing dogs nor did plax go to prison for shooting himself. Once you can get past that the sentences make more sense.
Originally posted by danimal:
vick did not go to prison for killing dogs nor did plax go to prison for shooting himself. Once you can get past that the sentences make more sense.

actually Vick did go to jail for killing dogs. If he didn't kill the dogs he might have gotten off with just organizing the dog fights, but thats wasn't the only thing he did. So he was charged with animal cruelty for KILLING DOGS!!
Share 49ersWebzone