LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 269 users in the forums

Five surprise teams and story lines this year, any predictions?

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Chief:
I am bored and miss football, so here are five things I could see happening this year in the NFL.

1. I think the Cincinnati Bengals will surprise people with a top 10 offense and a defense that is improved enough to possibly push them into a wildcard spot.

2. I think the Houston Texans will break .500 and finish the season with 10 wins.

3. I honestly do believe, the 49ers will win the NFC West.

4. Darren McFadden breaks 1000 yards rushing and proves he is a NFL running back.

5. Vick plays and makes an impact on a team this season, maybe not as the starting QB but in someway contributes to wins.

1. Cincinnati will be better, but not by that much
2. Houston will not get 10 wins.
3. I hope the 9ers do, but wouldn't bet on it.
4. Michael Bush will take carries away from him, so he won't make 1,000 yards.
5. Vick will be somebody's back-up, and sit on the bench.

I may be wrong, but I think you will go 0 for 5.
-Niners win the division with a 10-6 record. Defense finishes top 5 in the league with a good run defense. Finish 4-2 in the division (split with Arizona and Seattle).

-Lions make playoffs with a 9-7 record. Top 10 in offense and top 15 defense. Jim Schwartz win coach of the year.

-Houston will finish 2nd in the division and make the playoffs. (Jags finish 3rd - no playoff birth)

-Cinci also will finish 2nd in the division just ahead of Baltimore. They'll have the same record but Cinci will beat Baltimore twice to make the playoffs.

-Chiefs win the division. Cassel throws for 3,500 plus and for 30+ td's with 15 int's. Their defense will also improve.
I really will be surprised if cassell does that well. he doesnt have a bunch of probowlers around him like in ne. i think hell be decent though. id be surprised if baltimore misses the playoffs and i dont think the lions can do it yet either but i do like their additions.
I think the Bengals make the playoffs too
  • Chief
  • Veteran
I am bored and miss football, so here are five things I could see happening this year in the NFL.

1. I think the Cincinnati Bengals will surprise people with a top 10 offense and a defense that is improved enough to possibly push them into a wildcard spot.

2. I think the Houston Texans will break .500 and finish the season with 10 wins.

4. Darren McFadden breaks 1000 yards rushing and proves he is a NFL running back.

5. Vick plays and makes an impact on a team this season, maybe not as the starting QB but in someway contributes to wins.

1. Their offense is not doing so great but they are winning games.

2. The Texans are at .500, for now.

3. I think we all knew this.

4. Way off, this dude is a scrub!

5. Vick has 2 inc passes and 7 yards rushing.

My predictions are sucking so far!

I don't think they suck.

1. I made the same prediction about the Bengals, yeah wrong about the offense but they are definitely a sleeper team right now
2. You are on track
3. Take more credit, many Niner fans including myself still thought the Cards would take the division
4. Yeah, I was wrong about him too
5. Dude, great prediction, this was before the Eagles even signed him right? You had to know their would be a suspension and rust. By december this guy could be playing 8 plays a game on a winning team

[ Edited by danimal on Oct 8, 2009 at 16:44:54 ]

So far you got the most important one right. The rest are irrelevant.
  • Chief
  • Veteran
McFadden is a scrub.
McFadden is a scrub.

no doubt
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pelos21:
McFadden is a scrub.

no doubt

Well, my predictions were ok... I failed.

McFadden is a scrub.

no doubt

congrats though on the Bengals pick.....I for one thought they were going to be garbage.
McFadden is a scrub.

no doubt

you were close..lol
i have no idea what u were thinking with the Darren Mcfadden thing lol
after the 1st two, you started to go downhill
Share 49ersWebzone