There are 159 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

NFLN Top 5 Safeties

  • Ether
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 1,494
Originally posted by RollinWith21n52:
Originally posted by NC49erfan82:
Originally posted by FGore2121:
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
Woah...no Bob Sanders?

id take bob sanders any day of the week... dont know how he wouldnt make that list...


and no.. no roy williams

Bob Sanders would only play 3 days out of your week due to injury.

And in those 3 games he would change the course of the season...

Yep, cause you'd have to find a new Safety to start after he went down.
[ Edited by Ether on Jul 3, 2009 at 1:18 PM ]
Dylon, Dylon, Dylon, Dylon and Dylon. cuz i spit hot fire. do you want some of this hot fire?
Originally posted by Thorhawk:
No Roy Williams???

That's cause Roy Williams is awful. lol
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
Woah...no Bob Sanders?

When he's healthy the guy is a monster. Always hurt = not being on the list.
[ Edited by WheresWaldo on Jul 4, 2009 at 9:51 AM ]
I dont get why people hate on Roy Williams dude can ball.

Bob Sanders has to be on that list.

Michael Griffin could rise all the way to #2 IMO
I would put Michael Lewis in top 10 4 sure, hes been a team leader in tackles all 3 years hes been here, and in the run game, hes ALWAYS around the football. We couldnt aford to lose him.
bob sanders has to be on that list
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Take out Brian Dawkins and insert OJ Atogwe.
this
Originally posted by Grigga2021:
I dont get why people hate on Roy Williams dude can ball.

Bob Sanders has to be on that list.

Michael Griffin could rise all the way to #2 IMO

The dude needs to go easy on the burgers and donuts. He looks slow, maybe he needs to move to OLB in 4-3. Tony Romo may run a faster 40 than him in 2009.
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
Dylon, Dylon, Dylon, Dylon and Dylon. cuz i spit hot fire. do you want some of this hot fire?

Originally posted by Kolohe:
Take out Brian Dawkins and insert OJ Atogwe.

Ya I agree that was done out of respect for a great ball player in Dawkins, but I was a little confused how OJ wasn't on the list, Wilson was too high, Griffin was too low, Kerry Rhodes probably should of been above Wilson, well most of these list have been awful even though I love Total Access and The Network, but jeez for ex. Marshall how the hell you got Owen freakin Daniels and Dallas Clark over Chris Cooley yikes, let alone Gates number 2 and Gonzo #1 with them both over Witten my word, Marshall your smarter then that.
[ Edited by waiting4number6 on Jul 8, 2009 at 1:51 AM ]
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 31,378
Originally posted by waiting4number6:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Take out Brian Dawkins and insert OJ Atogwe.

Ya I agree that was done out of respect for a great ball player in Dawkins, but I was a little confused how OJ wasn't on the list, Wilson was too high, Griffin was too low, Kerry Rhodes probably should of been above Wilson, well most of these list have been awful even though I love Total Access and The Network, but jeez for ex. Marshall how the hell you got Owen freakin Daniels and Dallas Clark over Chris Cooley yikes, let alone Gates number 2 and Gonzo #1 with them both over Witten my word, Marshall your smarter then that.

Yup, cause over the last two years, Atogwe - 13 picks and 17 forced fumbles to Dawkins - 2 picks and 6 forced fumbles. Atogwe has almost half the picks and half the forced fumbles that Dawkins had in his whole 14 or 15 year career.

And yes, Daniels and Clark over Cooley, no ways. Only if Cooley had a QB like Peyton Manning.
Originally posted by YuNGaCE:
bob sanders has to be on that list

He would if he played full seasons.
Originally posted by billybonka:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Take out Brian Dawkins and insert OJ Atogwe.
this

Nahh. While OJ makes plays he gets beat tons too. I would take any of those 5 over OJ
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 31,378
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
Originally posted by billybonka:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Take out Brian Dawkins and insert OJ Atogwe.
this

Nahh. While OJ makes plays he gets beat tons too. I would take any of those 5 over OJ

So does any other Safety.