There are 225 users in the forums

I hope it's Good bye Damon Huard, hello Nate Davis

Shop 49ers game tickets
Has anyone read about the contract NY Giants gave fifth round pick Rhett Bomar? Check this out:

BOMAR CONTRACT DETAILS
Posted by Aaron Wilson on June 24, 2009, 7:05 p.m.

New York Giants fifth-round quarterback Rhett Bomar’s four-year rookie contract carries a total value of nearly $2 million, according to Mike Garafolo of the Newark-Star Ledger.

According to the report, the former Sam Houston State quarterback received a signing bonus of $185,183.

Bomar’s base salaries are $310,000 in 2009, $395,000 in 2010, $480,000 in 2011 and $565,000 in 2012.

Bomar transferred from Oklahoma after being booted off the team for accepting payments at a no-show job at a car dealership.

Bomar completed 56.2 percent of his throws last season for 3,355 yards, 27 touchdowns and 13 interceptions.

Nate Davis was a fifth round pick in this year draft as well, and you better believe his agent is looking from for that same contract.

[ Edited by StOnEy333 on Jun 24, 2009 at 19:24:32 ]
lock isn't imminent or anything
  • Nabisko
  • Info N/A
I agree. I know keeping Nate Davis is a bit of a risk, but the off chance he actually plays is slim. (If the number three guy gets game time in regular season that would mean that unfortunately disaster has struck again. KNOCK ON WOOD!) But the risk of him going to the practice squad and getting picked off by another intrigued team is more of a risk. Nate Davis has potential if brought up PROPERLY. Damon Huard has hit a plateau. Since the organization is taking risks, I see Nate Davis getting the contract if his agent is worth anything. Let us see both of them live in preseason first though.
Originally posted by billybonka:
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Originally posted by King49er:
Originally posted by billybonka:
I wouldn't mind keeping them both, I'd rather have Davis than Huard on the roster though.
  • Nyner
Originally posted by waiting4number6:
I wouldn't mind keeping them both, I'd rather have Davis than Huard on the roster though.

why?
Originally posted by Nyner:

why?

Because if we keep all 4, then Huard gives us experience and a mentor type (ie Trent Dilfer) and Davis is a possible who knows what could happen lots of potential type guy. If we keep just Davis than Davis like I said is that futuristic/potential guy, and if we put Davis on the PS some other team will snatch him up.

why?

Because if we keep all 4, then Huard gives us experience and a mentor type (ie Trent Dilfer) and Davis is a possible who knows what could happen lots of potential type guy. If we keep just Davis than Davis like I said is that futuristic/potential guy, and if we put Davis on the PS some other team will snatch him up.

I hate the adjective mentor in connection with any player. Montoring is the coaching staffs job, not the players, the players can only lead by example, not coach. In the case of Huard, he is a 11 yr vet, that never played a whole lot. Shaun Hill is now an 8 yr vet that hasn't played a whole lot, not much difference in my opinion

Originally posted by DaveWilcox:

why?

I hate the adjective mentor in connection with any player. Montoring is the coaching staffs job, not the players, the players can only lead by example, not coach. In the case of Huard, he is a 11 yr vet, that never played a whole lot. Shaun Hill is now an 8 yr vet that hasn't played a whole lot, not much difference in my opinion

And that is why I'd rather have Davis than Huard, along with Huard has no long-term appeal.
If i'm not mistaken, his salary means nothing. If the 49ers released him they would only have to pay him the signing bonus, which isn't much.
Another player that everyone is getting all horny for, who was a 5th round pick, and has yet to see so much as an exhibition game......
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by King49er:
Another player that everyone is getting all horny for, who was a 5th round pick, and has yet to see so much as an exhibition game......

I agree, had the same hopes and dreams for Brandon Doman...Who...who was also a 5th round pick.
we got da money!
Share 49ersWebzone